cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam return once again

This is a beauty.  The buyer requested a return because a white jersey isn't white and it has a gasoline or possibly a mothball smell the buyer did not notice for a week.  Took a photo of the same white jersey against a white sheet of paper to prove that, yes, the jersey is white.  It wasn't blue, or red, or green, or pink.  It was white, exactly as described.  Not only was it white, it was really white because it had been cleaned by the team equipment managers.  

So the story changes.  Now, yes, the jersey is white.  But now it has an odor, possibly gasoline or possibly mothballs.  The jersey was stored and shipped in a sealed plastic bag.  The team did not dip the jersey in gasoline and neither did I.  Nor the the buyer mention when he opened the bag that the garment smelled like anything.  It didn't smell the first day, the second day, the third day, etc.  How many people would not know immediately if gasline was spilled on a garment?  

I looked up solutions to the odor.  The ranged from airing out the garment, to using cedar chips to absorb the order, to using charcoal to absorb the ordor, to washing the garment in a vinegar solution to get rid of the odor, to just plain putting the garment in the washing machine to eliminate the odor.  The buyer refused to accept any of these easy remedies and insisted on returning the garment.

I was told by CS that they had to accept the buyer's word, even though nothing in their actions suggests there was any actual problem with the garment.  I was told by CS that if I did not accept the return, despite my stated return policy explicitly saying there are no returns, they would close the return in the buyer's favor and give me a strike.

This is absolute madness.

What would they do with someone wishing to return a car because it had a new car smell?  Return it, of course, because the smell was too strong, or not strong enough, or the wrong smell, or the wanted a better smell.

Get your **bleep** together, Ebay.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Scam return once again

@tahoe-sports wrote:

So the jersey came back, but not the Letter of Authenticity that proves it came from the team.  Buyer says he never received it.  The jersey came back in perfect condition-clean and white.  Zero odors. 

Contacted the buyer with pics of a white sheet of paper against the white jersey to show that no, it wasn't yellowed.  Then the story changed.  Yes, it was white and no, it did not smell.  Just the logo had a odor and the smell was so slight that he had to check with his wife to make sure he wasn't going crazy.

Called Ebay CS.  Are they going to screw me despite the evidence that the item was exactly as described?  You bet!  If I didn't give him a full refund, they would take it from me and give me the strike.  CS said to report the buyer and if there was a pattern of bad behavior, they would act.  I asked the agent if someone they knew stole their car and your stolen car was sitting in their driveway, would they be satisfied with the police saying that they would not make and get your car back, just watch to see if the thief went on to have a pattern of robberies.

Seller Protection is a fraud.  Ebay is a disgrace.  It makes money by exploiting its sellers.  If sellers don't want to offer returns, Ebay will help the buyer rob you.  If you do offer returns, Ebay will say it's your fault when buyers rob you.

Well, if I sold a car w/ title and the person returned the car, but not the title, I would contact Law Enforcement. 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply