cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales

Experiencing lower sales this year....anyone else?  Know it's tax time...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sales

@sandimc wrote:

Ayup, but I think it's more likely people recovering from the shock of tax time than anything affecting this entire year. I expect things to recover in the coming month. I'm not concerned; things ebb and flow throughout the year (especially depending on what you're selling).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sales

The average family has less money to spend indiscriminately.  As more of the budget is allotted to essentials less is available for the items one finds listed in eBay.   

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sales

Yes it's unfair. Some how whenever the family budget is tight, salt and pepper shakers shaped like dairy cows are the first thing they cut back on.  The bane of flea-market selling I guess.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sales

However, milk pitchers shaped like dairy cows remain a consistent best seller.  Go figure.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sales

@sandimc wrote:

Ayup, but I think it's more likely people recovering from the shock of tax time than anything affecting this entire year. I expect things to recover in the coming month. I'm not concerned; things ebb and flow throughout the year (especially depending on what you're selling).

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sales

Interpretations of the recent GDP numbers and related economic indicators point to a strong potential for stagflation. Bad as it seems, it can get worse.

With a modest number of offerings like you have, you may be doing as well as one would expect - in any year. Ebay has far more sellers offering far more items like yours than there are buyers for.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sales

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Bad as it seems, it can get worse.

I think it's going to before it gets any better.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sales

My sales have been in the pits since last September. The only thing I can think of is that it is because a little bit of all the above.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply