cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax collected not listed on Managed payment monthly invoice or anywhere that I can find.

The monthly statement Ebay provides through management payment does not include the sales tax figure ebay collects on my behalf. When I go to validate their 12.55% fee charge (+ .30) - the only number on the statement is cost of item + shipping. There is no number or mention that sales tax is part of the equation and after speaking with a rep, it absolutely is part of the equation. 

How can I ethically be charged a fee on a sales tax percentage (that varies from state to state) which is never divulged to me. Not one seller can validate the monthly fee they are charged based on the numbers ebay provides. 

As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it anywhere in my account so I can even manually figure it out.

For comparison, Etsy tells you this figure so that when you go to determine if the fees your are charged by them are accurate, you can do the math.

A financial report is only as good as the numbers!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sales Tax collected not listed on Managed payment monthly invoice or anywhere that I can find.

The monthly statement provides you high level details that I guess eBay figures you need. If you want detail you can go into the report generator and pull a detailed report for the time period you want to review. It will have everything, and I mean everything, detailed. About 80% of the columns in the report you can delete to where you can look at what you want to see. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Sales Tax collected not listed on Managed payment monthly invoice or anywhere that I can find.

The monthly statement provides you high level details that I guess eBay figures you need. If you want detail you can go into the report generator and pull a detailed report for the time period you want to review. It will have everything, and I mean everything, detailed. About 80% of the columns in the report you can delete to where you can look at what you want to see. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The rep did not mention this - I'm new to managed payments and I'm thankful this information exists somewhere!  I feel better now but looks like a rather difficult way to see a few simple numbers. I only need 3 numbers!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt  is right - the monthly statement is just an over-view.  You can download reports of any date range you want since induction into managed payments Here.  They download as a cvs which opens in Excel, and you're right, there's more information than you ever wanted to know.  I think sales tax may be column P or something. 😫

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Great report when tax time rolls around. You can pull the report for the entire year and not have to add up all the individual monthly statements. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm grateful to have been shown this as I'm already doing this for Etsy and have been manually entering Ebay for years - CRAZY!!!!!! My life just got easier 🙂

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That does not come up when I download my detailed view. I do not have excel. Is that why it doesn't have that?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dot341 wrote:

That does not come up when I download my detailed view. I do not have excel. Is that why it doesn't have that?

The report is a .csv file, which stands for comma separated values.

If you want to be able to manipulate, filter and sort the data, you need to open the .csv file with a spreadsheet program. If you don't have excel, you can look for another spreadsheet program, or you can use this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/free-office-online-for-the-web

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@dot341 wrote:

The report is a .csv file, which stands for comma separated values.

If you want to be able to manipulate, filter and sort the data, you need to open the .csv file with a spreadsheet program. If you don't have excel, you can look for another spreadsheet program, or you can use this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/free-office-online-for-the-web

There is also a free product called OpenOffice that does everything an eBay seller needs to slice and dice the eBay CSV file.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply