cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

Just wondering if anyone else has had their sales completely shut off before.... It's been 7 days without a single sale... My impressions, traffic, ect...is all down 50-75% out of no where.  I've been slowly building the store up since Sept. In Nov- Dec I had 50-100 items and was getting sales at least a few day a week. In January I was up to 200+ Items listed and had a great January with sales almost every day, I doubled my 30 day average for Jan compared to dec.  Jan 30 all of a sudden everything stopped...Every day my stats were turning red and that % just keeps growing. It just doesn't make sense.  I've ended about half my listings and am editing them to try to help but no idea what's going on. 

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

can anyone here put me on watch? so i CAN SEE? 

Message 16 of 81
latest reply

You probably sold out all your 'best sellers' and are left with the rest.

Good idea to rejig listings but don't take them down before at least 30 days as a lot of views come in via external search (and it takes a while to populate through Google, etc.), other items need to find their buyers, etc.

Just keep listing.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 81
latest reply

Same thing is happening with me, I am very tired of these types of matters happening on & off , It's a never ending story here, Things are going good & next thing you know everything is in the trash!

Message 18 of 81
latest reply

Yeah something is seriously wrong with ebay!

I had a few ZERO sales day late in January.

What's going on???

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 19 of 81
latest reply

If you are not seen, you're not going to sell.  
I just ran a search for "Kawasaki Prairie 400 Bevel Gear"
    Best Match
40 results 
   Sort, Price plus shipping Lowest 1st
33 results
    Seven results disappeared and the very 1st one under "Results Matching Fewer Words" is 
(99 Kawasaki Prairie KVF 400 2X4 Bevel Gear Output Drive Transfer Case OEM)

How is that poor fool going to sell a Kawasaki Prairie 400 Bevel Gear if it's not going to show up, where it belongs, in a search result? 

Message 20 of 81
latest reply

can you guys- Scroll on down AND PUT MY iTEMS ON Watch? so i can SEE???

Message 21 of 81
latest reply

Given the number of listings you have and what you have listed, there are many reasons which have nothing to do with Ebay for why your sales might drop off the cliff.

One simple reason for a relatively new seller's listings to fall off the cliff is that your inventory has been cherry picked, and what is left is not as attractive to buyers than what you already sold.

If that is the case, the only solution is more inventory, so that you have sales while you wait for the right buyer to come along for the books and other items you have listed.

At this period in time, I am seeing some buyers come along for items which have been listed for years, at exactly the same price. Do I blame Ebay, nope, I give them credit for being a place where the buyer who wants this obscure item decided to shop.

IMO your action strategy will not work for your books. (I assume it is being tried because of your sales drop, since you have made fixed price sales). Not all books are price elastic, many if not most are not.

Message 22 of 81
latest reply

Type in slow/ no sales in the search area in the community pages and you will see how many others say that.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 23 of 81
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Given the number of listings you have and what you have listed, there are many reasons which have nothing to do with Ebay for why your sales might drop off the cliff.

One simple reason for a relatively new seller's listings to fall off the cliff is that your inventory has been cherry picked, and what is left is not as attractive to buyers than what you already sold.

If that is the case, the only solution is more inventory, so that you have sales while you wait for the right buyer to come along for the books and other items you have listed.

At this period in time, I am seeing some buyers come along for items which have been listed for years, at exactly the same price. Do I blame Ebay, nope, I give them credit for being a place where the buyer who wants this obscure item decided to shop.

IMO your action strategy will not work for your books. (I assume it is being tried because of your sales drop, since you have made fixed price sales). Not all books are price elastic, many if not most are not.

There's also the "Refreshers" which is something else eBay should address.  They stop their items or regularly update, however its done and then upload or perhaps use an external service.  Pushed new listing browse items clearly out into nowhere.  I see it everyday from one seller and from numerous of the digital delivery in game entities.  I can see sellers wanting refresh older listings,  do 5 or 10 a day but hundreds or thousands is browse manipulation attempting to leverage the venue towards higher visibility whilst damaging others.

Message 24 of 81
latest reply

I posted on another thread,   MSNBC reported earlier today,    Credit card debt

hit another all time high.

1.13 Trillion $$

Message 25 of 81
latest reply

I promote my listings usually at 5% above the recommended. Iv'e been doing 13-17% for the promoted fee

Message 26 of 81
latest reply

Thank you and the books are just a liquidation. A few have bids and whatever doesn't sell when they end is going in the trash. Kind of a clean up junk itesms, make room for more sale.

Message 27 of 81
latest reply

Based on  my personal experiences in selling as a career  here a  a few facts =

1.  Sales activity is like the movement of a yo-yo - lots of ups & downs.

2.  January/February is the months that  many people receive their credit card bill for all those Christmas  gift

3.  For working folks - income tax season  ain't  too far away

4.  Things that were pop yesterday  ain't  today or you have more  competition selling  stuff at a low price.

5.  Utility  bills are higher in the winter.

6.  etc

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 28 of 81
latest reply

Hi @buriedtreasuregiftshop 

You may know all this already, if so please disregard.

Just wanted to mention that your arrowhead listings may need revising.

As you identified yourself as the maker of the arrowheads (stunning work!), unless you are Native American yourself, the category these listings are currently assigned to (Native American:US) may be in violation of the Restricted Items: Artifacts policy, see link below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/artifacts-cave-formations-policy?id=4....

It states the following:

Listings for Native American arts, crafts, and jewelry must follow all government regulations.

• Under the Indian Arts and Crafts Act - opens in new window or tab, any item described as Alaska Native, American Indian, or Native American must be made by an enrolled member of a state or federally recognized tribe or by someone certified as an Indian artisan by a recognized Indian tribe

Non-Native American items in the style of Native American art or crafts must be listed in the Non-Native American category.”

eBay has been cracking down on any slip-ups over this policy. There are US laws and regulations protecting the sale of Native American items, and eBay has been restricting sellers who do not adhere to them.

If you are a member of a Native American tribal culture, then that affiliation needs to appear in the listing.

(As a fellow eBayer, don’t want to see you get saddled with a potentially bad headache like this could turn into.) Best wishes and hope your sales pick up soon!!

Message 29 of 81
latest reply

Our sales are down but people are recovering from holiday and utility expenses from the severe weather, it will come back and the tax refunds coming soon.

Message 30 of 81
latest reply