cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale + Markdown Promotion Glitch? What’s happening here

Is anybody else experiencing issues with the Sale + Markdown promotion feature? Since June 27th, my markdown sales appear to be bringing no sales, which doesn’t make any sense because I’m still selling things at that marked down price. When I click on the items included in the Markdown sale I’ve created I get an error message “Item ID’s don’t match any of your active items.” 😣

600B291E-5114-4B1C-BCA9-47F5FC423B59.jpeg

658C43EB-DE70-4FE2-AF56-C67230132332.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sale + Markdown Promotion Glitch? What’s happening here

I'm a little confused. You had a short term (July 12 - 14 ) Markdown Manager sale end earlier today with no sales. 

You also have an active coded coupon sale going on, which began June 27th, the date you mention and runs through July 18th, and has had some sales. So I assume you are asking about only the ended Markdown Manager Sale? But if so, why do you say " I’m still selling things at that marked down price." ?

You are still selling (or at least offering ) things at the Coded Coupon price, but your Markdown Manager sale is over

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I’m concerned about the last 3 markdown sales that my promotion manager dashboard is saying I’ve made $0 in sales on, when I am making sales with that markdown discount. I made $200 in sales yesterday before I ended the markdown sale, all of them were marked down, the dashboard is recording none of that info.. it’s saying I made $0 from that markdown promotion. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have turned off my markdown sale because just like the previous 2 sales, it hasn’t been tracking any of the sales / sales lift percentage resulting from the markdown. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ah, OK, now I follow you. You are not saying there is a problem with the functionality of the Sale itself, but with ebay's reporting of the sales data. The Reports are not accurately reflecting your actual markdown manager sales.

I haven't run a sale in while, so I can't provide any recent experience about that. It sounds like the reporting is glitchy, which would be just one more thing on this site that seems to be a hot mess.

Since any sales you make using MM will reflect that in the actual price and I assume are still identified as such in your Solds, I'd probably just start keeping my own list of that information, rather than rely on ebay's inaccurate reporting. But as for me, if the MM sales have been producing results, I would continue them---as long as they are properly accounted for in your solds and in your payments section, I wouldn't worry too much about this screw-up. I'd work around it. 

And I'd let ebay know about it....on the Tech Board and through Customer Service. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply