cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSN Verification

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a sale for over $600 and had to give my SSN for taxes I guess. How long does it take to verify my SSN? It is keeping me from accessing my funds.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: SSN Verification

Oh, my. The verification process takes no time compared to the Hold placed on a new seller's funds. Hang in there...

Edit to add: your item sold for over $6K, so the Hold might be longer. (The SSN is required now of all sellers, correct.)

Tick this link for more info >> Payments on hold | eBay

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Those funds will probably be held for 30 days before they release them.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

New seller and a $6000 item they will be holding the funds for a time...

There are more than one reason such is done.

This is most likly a transaction hold type.

High probability of problems in such sales, and eBay do NOT want to lose money by you not repaying them for a refund.

Oh and make sure you get signature confirmation when you ship the item.

The idea the purchaser must send you a label to send (ship) this item to them, when you offer free shipping is also a problem....you would be liable for the cost of such if you did not know this.

Make sure the ship to addy is the same as on eBay, or you will not be covered when or if a user claims not received.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I just had a sale for over $600 and had to give my SSN for taxes I guess. How long does it take to verify my SSN? It is keeping me from accessing my funds.

You sold a $6200 crankshaft.  I would make sure you insure your shipment and use adult signature required.

Congrats on your sale.  E-Bay will hold your funds, regardless of your SSN verification process.  Hope your sale goes well!  You are braver than I!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

OP said ."....just had a sale for over $600"

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@johnrj1226 wrote:

OP said ."....just had a sale for over $600"

Yeah that's what they said and they were correct, $6,201.00 IS more than $600.

I suspect the OP left out a zero..........

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I’m not a NEW seller, I just haven’t sold in a while. It says my fund are accessible, but it says withdraws are not available at this time. Which I assume is because they required my SSN for the new Tax policy. I have $0 on hold. And the product was delivered and received successfully

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I’m not a NEW seller, I just haven’t sold in a while. It says my fund are accessible, but it says withdraws are not available at this time. Which I assume is because they required my SSN for the new Tax policy. I have $0 on hold. And the product was delivered and received successfully

You're still considered a new seller.

Since it was sold for more then $1000, they'll hold the funds for awhile.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not say you were a NEW Seller........but e-Bay tends to hold large payments tied to (1) item for up to 30 days.  They do not care about delivery - they want to be certain it remains DELIVERED and not RETURNED.

Not a "new" seller either - this is posting ID.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your selling limits??

How long ago before this sale??

Use the tab on this page that says check paymnet holds to see if you have one.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You should be able to fill out the manual approval form if the automatic approval doesn't work.  That's what I finally had to do.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I do that?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

I sell regularly (just not much stuff, mostly inexpensive) and I've never seen that my "funds are accessible", but "withdraws are not available". Is that the verbiage you see in your Seller Hub under your Payments tab? If so, I wonder if that is eBay-speak for a seller who hasn't completed enrollment in Managed Payments? (Anyone out there know?) Ours don't say that...

Also, in the link (Payments on hold | eBay) that I attached earlier, you'll want to pay special attention to:

• High priced items or unusual selling patterns may lead to transaction holds for up to 30 days to help us ensure that buyers don't have any issues with the order

It will happen if you follow the bouncing ball, it's just kinda slow for new or returning sellers, or high-value items.

Congratulations on your sale! Go into fulfilling it with eyes wide open... and good luck to you here!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

can anyone provide a link to where i enter my ssn?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply