cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING A KINDLE

Why do I keep getting an error message when trying to list a Kindle? I can't find any specific rules on Kindles & I tried using titles like others listed. Anyone know what the policies are on selling Kindles? Thanks

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: SELLING A KINDLE

I  can list $775,000. I am only at $125,000 so I am nowhere near my limits in qty or $ amt. I am listing everything else. ONLY the KIndle gives the error message I spoke of. That is why I asked 3xs if anyone knows how & where to find the polocies on listing a Kindle?

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Ebay doesn't know if there are books on the Kindle or not. That CAN NOT be why it would say "error" when I try to list. Does anyone know where to find the Ebay policies on selling a Kindle?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I am not finding any specific rules regading kindles.

But I am seeing a lot of people having trouble listing because of the many ebay glitches.

So this may have nothing to do with what you are selling but more to the fact that you are among those having problems listing items.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Try removing the em dash -- punctuation sometimes messes up titles.  Above all, keep punctuation separated from words.  Is 2.5.8 an actual MPN or model number?

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@primeliquidationlv wrote:
I had put Amazon Kindle 2.5.8--white in black lighted case free shipping vgc

Thats all I put. Then I tried taking out "amazon" but didn't help. Others are listed the same way. Does anyone know if there is somewhere on here that Ebay says anything about the policies associated with selling Kindles????

Try taking out the 2.5.8

Knowing ebay, they probably think it's your phone # or something.

I bet youre right

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

If the bots think it's a kindle with "free" books on it, it might be an issue.

I'm just spitballing here. Don't get so salty. It is in fact a waste of valuable title space to say what's already going to be displayed right next to the title.

Below is what your listing might look like to someone who searches "kindle." Even if you put "free shipping" in the title, if you don't select free shipping in the details, you're opening yourself up to trouble.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

Try removing the em dash -- punctuation sometimes messes up titles.  Above all, keep punctuation separated from words.  Is 2.5.8 an actual MPN or model number?

~~C~~

It's probably the OS build.

Try this, go to sell, run the search for your item in the ebay catalog, select it, tweak the title ect to suit your needs, then try to list it
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@primeliquidationlv wrote:

I am in the same category as all the other sellers are in "tablets & ebook readers". 

What item specifics are you using?

Are you listing a Brand? Are you including an MPN (manufacutuers part number)?

Please understand that if someone here knew the answer to your problem, they would tell you.

But since no one seems to, we are just trying to ask questions and offer suggestions that might help lead you to an answer.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

because of the way free text search works it's HIGHLY likely that they are removing the dots so you have 258-- and that's triggering a poorly written suspect phone number pattern match.  Remove the dashes from the title and see what happens.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Agreed, I think it's probably the number.

dakotasmoke had an excellent suggestion as well.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 26 of 26
latest reply