cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING A KINDLE

Why do I keep getting an error message when trying to list a Kindle? I can't find any specific rules on Kindles & I tried using titles like others listed. Anyone know what the policies are on selling Kindles? Thanks

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: SELLING A KINDLE

Be sure to disconnect your account from that device before you sell it

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

I did do that. But what's that have to do with trying to list it & getting an error message?

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

What kind of error message are you getting?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

It says "The title may have improper words or is in violation of Ebay policies." That is why I asked if anyone knows the policy. I dont see how the title could be wrong. It wasnt any different than others that are listed

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

hmmm....there are certainly many Kindles listed, they're not prohibited or against policy in any way.

How were you trying to title the listing?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi, by any chance are there more than one brand names in the title? I agree, if you could post the title, someone may know if there is something about your keywords (or could this be a glitch). 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I had put Amazon Kindle 2.5.8--white in black lighted case free shipping vgc

Thats all I put. Then I tried taking out "amazon" but didn't help. Others are listed the same way. Does anyone know if there is somewhere on here that Ebay says anything about the policies associated with selling Kindles????
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Have you gone over your listing/selling limits for the month?

You may need to wait til the beginning of Sept

What does the error message say?

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@primeliquidationlv

Do you have books on the Kindle ?

I seem to recall, this may be an issue...

As a full book loaded Kindle is only sold to the first buyer

( or you pay for the books, not able to transfer to another 

Can't find the charger for my Kindle, or my phone, dang.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@primeliquidationlv wrote:
I had put Amazon Kindle 2.5.8--white in black lighted case free shipping vgc

Thats all I put. Then I tried taking out "amazon" but didn't help. Others are listed the same way. Does anyone know if there is somewhere on here that Ebay says anything about the policies associated with selling Kindles????

Try taking out the 2.5.8

Knowing ebay, they probably think it's your phone # or something.

Why waste title space on "free shipping"?

You can search for it by a checkbox, and search results will say "free shipping" right next to the title.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@primeliquidationlv wrote:

It says "The title may have improper words or is in violation of Ebay policies." That is why I asked if anyone knows the policy. I dont see how the title could be wrong. It wasnt any different than others that are listed

What category are you listing it in?

What are you putting in the item specifics?

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

That has nothing to do with the question I asked. It is NOT an error because I said free shipping. Do you know the answer to my question?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I am in the same category as all the other sellers are in "tablets & ebook readers". 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply