cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ MAY 2017 $$

Welcome to the monthly scrounge lounge;

som'er scrounging, som'er slounging.  I thought I'd start one because well, I'm UP. Went to bed super early, forced myself to stay up til it was almost dark outside. 

I sold some pennies last week. I hope to sell a few lots this week, that would be great, since my other stuff was sitting and got knocked off the perch for something that has a better chance. We'll see. 

I think I left my camera in Wisconsin. I called about it but no reply yet. I can't find it anywhere so guess I left it. He will send it back to me or I'll make another trip. I took it to take pics of little O and got one photo and the batteries were dead, even charged them before I left. GRRR. 

Will try to catch up a bit but the board doesn't work like it used to so I'm still rummaging around in here and using Opera for ebay and just realized where the bookmarks are.  lol. I don't read directions much. 

Glad you slept better, JBEES, the last couple nights. Great! 

Thanks for the clarification on your situation with after care and the bubble. Glad it's working better now. 

Kay and Patd. I really don't know if I'm going back this fall. If I find something else I'll probably take it, but in the mean time, I can still call myself "employed" until I decide to do it again or not. I'm not feeling very respected out there. Freakin' drivers flying by like I'm not there (going 30, at least, instead of 20, going around corners with zero regard for direction to go, should be STOPPED until I tell them to go but they don't give a rats ykw, writing up a complaints list. It gets old and it is irritating, for safety's sake at least. 

Yup, I don't have a big family either, we used to have such nice big holiday dinners too. That was in the golden age of the babies of the boom era.  Good times and missed they are.  Patd, your family all together living on the same farmstead sounds very nice. 

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

Re: $$SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ MAY 2017 $$

REATE,  Just, means I was typing from memory, not only got the one word wrong but managed to lose both the first and the last letter of the word!  Man Embarassed

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 136 of 149
latest reply

Well beesz, the chant IS selling related as we were trying our best to invoke whichever deity is in c

charge of online sales LOL

Here's the original one we used on Justy's thread......it always seemed to work for us = )

Buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy bid

green green green green green green green

Buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy bin

Bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid buy

Buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy

bid bin bin bin bin bin bin bin bin bin binbuy

bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid buy

bin bin bin bin bin bin bin bin bin bin buy

Buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy bin

bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid bid buy

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 137 of 149
latest reply

Kyal, my Tennessee daughter had driven that yard sale route a few years ago and said the same as you.  Also that many people had bought  cheapie new junk in order to have something to sell

Laurie

Message 138 of 149
latest reply

Mrs. Beez, Thank You for asking about Mr.  He's better now.  They thought it was the flu, then they thought it was Sinus, the next time he went in they thought it was allergies, the next time they told him bronchitis & the last time he went in the dr. told him it was a bit of everything & that he had to just wait it out.

I just didn't want him to get pneumonia again, like he did a couple years ago Smiley Sad

Yes, Aaron had a wonderful time at Disney World.  He's big into Star Wars now & when those men wearing the White Suits, ( Storm Troopers ?? ) walked by he was in awe...  He told me it was 'exciting' !  Out of the mouth of babes 😉 

Mr. & I went to the 27 garage sale several years ago & had a great time.  Went down as far as Tenn. & stayed there a couple nights then headed back home.  Didn't buy a lot but did get a few great things that sold well.

Wishing you luck on the new promo.  E sure is throwing them out there left n right lately.  Hard to have any sales with them doing that, with it being so hard to 'be seen'...

Dryer just stopped so I have to scoot & get clothes put away & then we're going out to move things out of the garage & wash the garage floor...

Always something to do when you have a house..  

Have a great holiday all !

Pat

Message 139 of 149
latest reply

Yep. For every good sale there are twenty losers. People who drag all their old clothes out of storage and the like. The good ones are worth the trouble, though.
Message 140 of 149
latest reply

Kyal, my TN daughter has never been a seller but she did stop and go through all the places on that trail so she could tell me about it in case I wanted to make the trip.  Too humid for me at that time, though. 

Not much longer, M*MJill, before your school year is ended!  I'll bet your smile is stretching from ear to ear.

MsBJill, hope you have some green listings from the current promotion that you're listing in.  How is your "bubble eye" today?

Happy Tuesday to you all! 

Laurie

Message 141 of 149
latest reply

Hi all. Recovering from a day back to work after a 3 day weekend.  Whew what a day.

You all know I started this crazy new job in August right.  Well, it settled down quite a bit since I have been back in my old office and away from the crazy medical desk.  Somewhat.  It was going along smoothly until 3 weeks ago when my co worker for the last 9 years opened his big mouth once too often and got his but- fired!  This job has 0 tolerance for anything. 

So, now I have my crazy new job, plus we have to be on the answering the phones system for 2 hours every morning, from 8 until 10. Oh, I forgot to tell you we got a new phone system that is hooked into the computer system so they can watch and see who answers the phones, who doesn't, how long your phone rings, how many calls you miss, how long you spend on each call, etc.  They are constantly on everyone's case, telling them that they are not answering their phones enough, etc.  Thankfully they have not bothered me yet because I do go on the phones for my 2 hours, sometimes longer. I enjoy answering the phones and making appointments. Now we can make appointments for all 8 sites geez. 

Anyway, so now I am a 2 hour a day telephone answerer, and then I have my new job as the patient navigator, and NOW I AM ALSO BACK TO DOING MY OLD JOB, for all 8 sites!  I used to only do my one site, but now all 8 on top of everything else.  And guess what?  I haven't lost my mind yet.  I'm busy, my days are flying by, and I'm loving what I'm doing.   Don't worry, they'll be coming real soon to put me away.  

But, if this lasts for more than a month, I am going to ask for a nice raise. I am doing 2 full time jobs plus right now.  They promise me they are looking for someone to hire for the medical records job, but I don't see anyone moving a finger or making any calls. Neither do I see anyone being interviewed for anything!

On the home site, everyone is doing well here (fingers crossed). Our primary care doctor is not with the doctors office any longer. DH is having fits, but I went to the new doc, who is really a nurse practitioner, and she seems nice. She asked us to give her a month or two and if we were not satisfied with her, she would give us our old docs name and location.  I know DH will want to change over to her new place because he loves her. We'll see how it goes.  DS is doing well, Murphy is doing well, I am puffing my way through it all.

No sales, no listings, NO SCROUNGING GASP, in the last at least 6 months, probably a year on the scrounging part.  Still getting rid of, cleaning out, donating and sick of looking at the stuff that is left here.

If I answer everything I read back, I will be here forever so I will just say hi to everyone, glad sickies are on the mend, eyes included, and glad some of you are still so into selling.  I'll get back to it one day soon. I hope.

Message 142 of 149
latest reply

Hello Scroungers!

I've been taking notes for the past hundred posts or so. I wonder if they will make any sense or old news should be left behind.

I agreed with Bees that I liked opening the thread to 'next unread post' and SURPRISE! Today I logged in and sure enough was taken to the first unread post. What a pleasant surprise.

Bees, good luck clearing out the mini warehouse. It's great that you have used book stores that buy. Here book stores (old & new) are a dying breed. The nearest one is probably an hour away.
I hope your continues to heal, quickly.

M*M, now that you have your camera back we need to see pics of your garden. I had to look up bishop's weed and a couple things you mentioned. I need visuals 🙂

Great picture of little O, who isn't so little anymore!

Yme, six ID's are a lot to juggle. Kudos to you. Does each specialize in something different?

Kyal, congrats on raising to Doctors. I'm sure you're very proud.

My niece graduated high school last weekend. We skipped the pomp and circumstance. Too far to travel on Memorial Day weekend. Plus we'd have to give up a day of scrounging 😮 That wasn't the deciding factor.

Belated: I hope everyone (where applicable) had a lovely Mother's Day.
Message 143 of 149
latest reply

(just wanted to break up the novella)

Some of the things that had me LOL
Yme: excess inventory as an asset
Bees: sparing us the rant
Laurie: LOL @ LOL being a love fest

Speaking of acronyms, it took me a long minute to figure out MCM. All I could see was Roman Numerals.

Yme, loved the mug 'Really I'm fine'
And wow! on the Starbucks mug! I would have walked by it for sure!

Yme, hope your DD doesn't have any complications.

Shoppers the new Dirty Dancing couldn't hold a candle to the original.
Sounds to me like you're working more than two full timers!

Pat, 40 & 16 are milestone birthdays.
I can't believe kids can drive at sixteen. It seems so young. Not that seventeen is much better (what it is here).

Hope Mr. feels better soon.

Just, good response to the negative. Sorry that it happened.

Kyal, sounds like there was some sentimental value to that milk can.

Schools here still start after Labor Day and go till mid June.
My cousin works for a school and had the choice to divide her salary over twelve months or not. If you choose not, you still aren't eligible for unemployment.

For all you listers, I'll add to the chant: GREEN, GREEN, GREEN... BUY, BUY, BUY.... GREEN, GREEN, GREEN...

Woo-hoo! on sales. Cheers on good finds. May the luck continue!

Message 144 of 149
latest reply

(last one, I promise)

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

Weather here was cool and we had some rain, nothing too bad. We didn't barbecue anyway. No one was around. It was a quiet weekend.
We did scrounge. I'm on a buying moratorium. Sort of. I pick up things for DD or things I want/need. But haven't added to my "inventory" for some time.

My folks were out of town for a bit so I've been working a lot. It wasn't too bad but the more I work the more I neglect the house. So, finally, I've got a day off but there is a ton to do around here.

Pat, M*M and any other Survivor watchers: what did you think of the season? Of the three finalists I was happy with the winner. She played a good game and IMO if a man had lied and back-stabbed the way she did the opinions expressed would have been more positive. I was sorry to see Cirie go, but at least it was by setting a new record of no votes. Overall I thought it was a good season with lots of fun people.

Message 145 of 149
latest reply

Kay, so glad to see you post!  Wasn't sure if you were possibly ill.  Glad you've just been busy 🙂

We had a quiet Memorial Day Weekend also.  We got quite a bit of things crossed off of our Honey to do List, which made us both happy 🙂  Especially cleaning under & behind the refrigerator.  That was a job in itself 😉

Nothing exciting going on here, which is good !

Yes, Mr. is good as new now.  I felt so bad for him when he was so sick for almost 2 months w/the virus that was going around.  Takes longer to heal the older we get.

We've had a lot of rain here also.  It stormed something terrible again last night.  Seems lately it's every other day that storms hit our area.  But at least the lawn & flowers like it !  Does make for more mowing though..

Yes, I thought Sara did a good job on Survivor...  Hated to see it end.  Was hoping they'd have a summer edition, but I guess we'll just have to wait until Fall 😞  And I think Amazing Race has their finale tomorrow night & then that'll be over n done with also....

Good news is that BB will be starting up in a few weeks, so at least it's something good to watch all summer long 🙂

Shoppers, wow!  You must be meeting yourself coming & going at work!  But to be truthful, I'd rather have a job that's busy all day long than to be sitting twiddling my thumbs watching the minutes click away on the clock.

So glad your family is doing well healthwise.  That's the  most important part.

Have been doing laundry all afternoon & also working  on listings.  Trying to use up the rest of my 50 for the month, but I didn't quite make it.   Didn't even get a chance to use the promo they handed out either. 

Mr. should be home just about any time & the dryer just buzzed, so going to go & get the last load of laundry put away.

Have a nice evening all

Message 146 of 149
latest reply

Kyal has started a new thread, for June, this afternoon. 

Laurie

Message 147 of 149
latest reply

June thread is here ---> http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/SCROUNGE-LOUNGE-JUNE-2017/td-p/27038698/jump-to/first-unread-me...

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 148 of 149
latest reply

@shoppersdream21 wrote:

Hi all. Recovering from a day back to work after a 3 day weekend.  Whew what a day.

You all know I started this crazy new job in August right.  Well, it settled down quite a bit since I have been back in my old office and away from the crazy medical desk.  Somewhat.  It was going along smoothly until 3 weeks ago when my co worker for the last 9 years opened his big mouth once too often and got his but- fired!  This job has 0 tolerance for anything. 

So, now I have my crazy new job, plus we have to be on the answering the phones system for 2 hours every morning, from 8 until 10. Oh, I forgot to tell you we got a new phone system that is hooked into the computer system so they can watch and see who answers the phones, who doesn't, how long your phone rings, how many calls you miss, how long you spend on each call, etc.  They are constantly on everyone's case, telling them that they are not answering their phones enough, etc.  Thankfully they have not bothered me yet because I do go on the phones for my 2 hours, sometimes longer. I enjoy answering the phones and making appointments. Now we can make appointments for all 8 sites geez. 

Anyway, so now I am a 2 hour a day telephone answerer, and then I have my new job as the patient navigator, and NOW I AM ALSO BACK TO DOING MY OLD JOB, for all 8 sites!  I used to only do my one site, but now all 8 on top of everything else.  And guess what?  I haven't lost my mind yet.  I'm busy, my days are flying by, and I'm loving what I'm doing.   Don't worry, they'll be coming real soon to put me away.  

But, if this lasts for more than a month, I am going to ask for a nice raise. I am doing 2 full time jobs plus right now.  They promise me they are looking for someone to hire for the medical records job, but I don't see anyone moving a finger or making any calls. Neither do I see anyone being interviewed for anything!

On the home site, everyone is doing well here (fingers crossed). Our primary care doctor is not with the doctors office any longer. DH is having fits, but I went to the new doc, who is really a nurse practitioner, and she seems nice. She asked us to give her a month or two and if we were not satisfied with her, she would give us our old docs name and location.  I know DH will want to change over to her new place because he loves her. We'll see how it goes.  DS is doing well, Murphy is doing well, I am puffing my way through it all.

No sales, no listings, NO SCROUNGING GASP, in the last at least 6 months, probably a year on the scrounging part.  Still getting rid of, cleaning out, donating and sick of looking at the stuff that is left here.

If I answer everything I read back, I will be here forever so I will just say hi to everyone, glad sickies are on the mend, eyes included, and glad some of you are still so into selling.  I'll get back to it one day soon. I hope.

You are so busy I'm tired just reading your pop in HI!...hope they leave you alone...liking a job is the best part...hi wave back to you...:)

Message 149 of 149
latest reply