cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES are off!

So we're a assest management company and we've been listing on ebay for 10 years + .

My company has 3 ebay account I and manage the account and conduct training across our locations. 

I have one account that hit a wall in sale they are making half of what they were making the month before. Our main account is down 25% which is worriesome seeing we have a few employees. 

Over the last year we've made a tons of improvments with our listing and they showed massive improvement in sale with grow of 45% from one month to another.  

Area's of improvement:

• customer messaging
  • returns
  • issues with inconstancy
  • Better photos 
  • Increase company brand
  • double returning buyers

Our last 2 months have been nerve racking and this month has me scratching my head. So this is what we've done so far in the last 3 weeks.

• Ebay ads ( 1 sale)
  • Email marketing
  • Facebook ads
  • 2 Promotions

These have shown very little results a small increase when we offer free shipping but as you can imagine that starts adding up fast.  Let me know if your experiencing the same thing. 

Michael Stubblebine
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

SALES are off!

Potential buyers do see & read feedback from other buyers.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

@kattinsanity wrote:

Potential buyers do see & read feedback from other buyers.

I have to agree.  After reading their fb I would be hitting the back button.
OP you really should try and improve your feedback.
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

Other buyers in the same category have the same types of feedback.

I'm well aware of our feedback and it has been improved this still doesn't explain the slow down.

Keep it mind I have 3 account and over 1000 items listed between 2 accounts. 

172 postive feedback vs 2 negative seems like a good record and all my listing are top rated Plus. 

My 2nd account has no negative feedbacks and it's hit a wall in sale. 

Michael Stubblebine
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

Actually 172 and 2 negs is pretty bad.  That means 1 neg for every 86 positives.  The 1123 positives with 9 neutrals and 11 negatives  is what buyers look at as well.

You have TRS+ listings which ONLY means you have 1 day handling & 30 day return policy~~that's all the TRS+ listings means.  TRS+ listings doesn't make you a top of the line seller.

It's very easy with your feedback to drop from TRS status to above average or even below average.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think its your feedback, Its hard keeping 100% on here.. I am unsure as to why sells have dropped..100% feed back here and 1 sale in 10 days... Good thing I am more of a Buyer then sell now... Good Luch Hope they get what ever is killing sales fixed............ Paula

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

I'm a nobody small time seller~~I sell mainly parts from old used small kitchen appliances but I have made 12 sales (9 of those were parts) so far this month.  It isn't totally dead for everyone.  Today I have 2 more brand new appliances to tear apart and list piece by piece.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

@southeasterndatafl

@southeasterndatafl wrote:

So we're a assest management company and we've been listing on ebay for 10 years + .

My company has 3 ebay account I and manage the account and conduct training across our locations. 

I have one account that hit a wall in sale they are making half of what they were making the month before. Our main account is down 25% which is worriesome seeing we have a few employees. 

Over the last year we've made a tons of improvments with our listing and they showed massive improvement in sale with grow of 45% from one month to another.  

Area's of improvement:

• customer messaging
  • returns
  • issues with inconstancy
  • Better photos 
  • Increase company brand
  • double returning buyers

Our last 2 months have been nerve racking and this month has me scratching my head. So this is what we've done so far in the last 3 weeks.

• Ebay ads ( 1 sale)
  • Email marketing
  • Facebook ads
  • 2 Promotions

These have shown very little results a small increase when we offer free shipping but as you can imagine that starts adding up fast.  Let me know if your experiencing the same thing. 

I will parrot what some others have said on Feedback, and this is just on one of the three accounts you stated the company has that can  be reviewed by The Community.  Sounds like your issue is having multiple sites where you ship from and those people are not vested in the importance of every aspect of an eBay Transaction to deliver the item as described, as pictured and on time and packaged safely and professionally.  That goes along with job #1 - accurately describing and picturing the item with all details and any issues up front on the listing.

It sounds like it might be time for a 4th account and one that does it all correctly so the neg FBs do not occur.  Managing people is one thing but trying to manage thier desire and passion for "the company" is another matter.  There may simply be too many weak links in the current infrastructure to garner steller FB from Buyers.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

Negative have never effected my sales before and if were a bad seller we wouldn't be considered top rate. I'll give you a story earlier this year we went from above standard to Top rated the day I went to top rated my sale dropped by 20% and has never recovered. Loyalty among my follower is grown and the improvements in our process has improve which for some reason people fail to take note of. I'm review with a 3 month period and to be honest my categories for used electronic is extermely different than other items. We run our bussiness like a factor and it seems none to the people have actually looked at my listing. People don't look at the buyer then look for a product unless your a repeat customer they look at the product product first. Customer decide weather there going to buy from you in 2 second and when they see the listing and selling information all the see is 99% FB and Top rated plus. 

P.S. Mr_lincoln 

There's no reason to open a 4th account I already have a Top rated account with no negative and sales are still bad if you didn't see my previous reply. 

Michael Stubblebine
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think buyers look at your feedback. I find the item I want to purchase first - I then look at the price point and then review each seller's feedback. I want to know if there is a problem - they are going to take care of it. I want to know if I order an item - I won't get a cancellation - that really ticks me off - I want to know that the item will be packaged properly so it won't be damaged when I receive it.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

When you look at me as a seller all you see is " Top Rated Plus" and " 99%" on the listing.

Michael Stubblebine
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

My discussion is about "Sales are Off" not about my FB . I guess I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I don't need feedback about my FB I own up to my negative and positive.

Michael Stubblebine
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

@kattinsanity wrote:

You have TRS+ listings which ONLY means you have 1 day handling & 30 day return policy~~that's all the TRS+ listings means.  TRS+ listings doesn't make you a top of the line seller.

It also means the OP doesn't have a defect problem, and also ships on time. Saying that it only means that they promise big is patently false.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

July is a slow month for most sellers, and maybe it is what you are selling that is not generating the numbers for you. Things will probably pick up in August and September, when vacations are over and life gets back to normal, and  it's just before the holiday upswing.

I would combine your accounts, though. It sounds as if you're spread to thin all over, when you could fair better by concentrating it all into one.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

SALES are off!

OP... we can see your feedback. Buyers look at feedback comments, not just the 99%.

Most people I know who buy on eBay told me they will not buy from a seller who does not have more than 99.0% positive feedback. So you are teetering on the edge, there. 

Message 15 of 35
latest reply