cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES SLOW DOWN, DEAD ZONE, LAST WEEK?

Has anyone else seen a horrid drop in sales the last week? 1/10/23 to01/16/23?
Could it be that it's just that I am doomed? or are we all doomed? LOL

I've been pretty consistent this last year, but wow, it's fallen off the map on my end. 

Logic would tell me that it should be kind of happening across the board with raising interest rates, post Christmas and the fact that stimulus funds are now evaporating, everybody getting smacked with high heating bills, and rising prices. 

I just thought I was put some feelers out there to see what everybody else is doing. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: SALES SLOW DOWN, DEAD ZONE, LAST WEEK?

Well 2 years toying around on here, it's common for our weekly here to be below a single daily,  and the yearly can't get over a good week elsewhere...

Hmmmm..

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

agreed

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I have Never seen it so dead, since I been selling on Ebay, it feels like a morgue and  of the few purchases I made, if you can figure this out, they were to lazy to provide a tracking , even when they do not have sales, probably will get no future ones either. I am not impressed with Ebay sales or the 100 percent rating of so many sellers, who do not deserve a 100 percent. We all know if you give them negative, guess what, no matter how good you did on your end they can still sock it to you with a negative review. This applies to both sides buyer and seller. You did right everytime and have a 100 percent, they do crappy and still have a 100 percent rating, seems like a joke overall as far as how this was thought out. Based on my few years here, Ebay does not listen, it's that hard headed corporate mentality, they know it all. I love Ebay, but I hate arrogance.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Yes, and a big increase in non-paying bidders.  Zero Feb 2023 sales.  Rapidly becoming a waste of time selling!!

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Completley Dead, Scary dead!

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

How do your sales in the past 30 days compare with the same period in 2019 or 2018?

Comparing sales in 2021 or 2022 is awkward because of the pandemic surge in online buying, which came to an abrupt end and a vaccinated population started back to the mall.

The rise in employment also helps, although some are still struggling with their income loss from 2020and 2021.

they were to lazy to provide a tracking , even when they do not have sales,

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

As mentioned above the cost of shipping is rising and it may be that your seller is reducing his shipping cost by going commando on that protection.

There is no advantage to a buyer to have his purchase tracked. His protection is eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

There is no advantage to a buyer to have his purchase tracked. His protection is eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Thats not necessarily true. As a customer purchasing a part really needs that tracking # so he / she can finish the job as the customer wants their equipment / car back. If your customer cant give their customer a estimated job completion date then their customer picks up the car and takes it somewhere else. Then your customer gets the part they no longer need and files a item not as described. Then everyone suffers while the problem could have been fixed before it became a problem with a simple tracking #

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Have over 500 products  sales still terrible for February  just maybe ebay is irrelevant . during these hard times ebay had the nerve to raise the seller fees to 35 percent  way to go ebay  hit the sellers. When there down

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Hopefully it gets better

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Sales have dropped drastically ever since Paypal was sent on its'  way ...  Many sellers used the money in their Pp account to make purchases , but are no longer able with money management . I'm lucky to purchase 4  items in a year anymore . No longer purchasing weekly  using Pp .  ............       Sales  Suck anymore    👎

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

we all are getting hit hard , the search engine is a disaster leaving buyers to waste time , and when they see less they buy less , promoted listings didn't help us on either of our accounts , the international shipping upgrade changed all our listings to usps and rates skyrocketed , as ups is one third the cost on large packages , we wasted several weeks straightening out our policies as eBay's algorithms did what  it thought was best and it was wrong , if we can't sell on ebay then we can't buy on ebay because of cash flow , ebay is hurting itself , twice on new programing ,  amazons' search engine is now 100 times better than ebay's search engine , time wasted searching is sales loss in the end , good luck to sellers 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Hmmm

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

our business was killed by ending global shipping and starting the new international shipping , we have spoken to over 30 long time ebayers who sell similar items as we do and had a 65%-90% drop in international sales and non stop questions for international perspective buyers who don't see shipping cost or that tariffs aren't added , that we never received with global shipping , we messaged the us head shipping rep  WHO REPLIED AFTER 3 MONTHS OF REQUESTING HELP FROM EBAY AND HE QUOTED  "  

We are working aggressively add additional carriers so we can increase the limit. Current estimate is it will require approximately 6 weeks to incorporate and test the carrier.

I sincerely apologize for the impact to your business. I am committed to ensuring you have comparable coverage in eBay International Shipping as you did in Global Shipping Program.   " END OF QUOTE , we keep getting messages to loan us money , but we don't need money we need ebay to repair the search engine and deliver what was promised as the new shipping program ,    "   that allowed more items to be sellable in more countries with less fees and cheaper shipping for our customers "  we found this to be totally false as did 25+ other long time 20-25 year active ebayers who we have contacted over the last 3 depressing months ,    we have been loyal for 24 years with never one negative feedback , we just want 10% loyalty back but that is more than ebay is willing to give us , after receiving messages to purchase around 5000.00+ worth of items , we have come to the conclusion we will never make the sales to customers who are trying desperately to purchase our items but cannot , so now after waiting several months we have to wait 6 more weeks , and maybe it will be resolved , but face it we are waiting for some issues to be dealt with for over 5 years without a word and after calling dozens and dozens of times we have come to realize the phone reps would like to help but just cant , wasting more of our time ,   so good luck to all 

Message 28 of 28
latest reply