cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Federation Ukraine China buying my items through US Warehouses

Hi I don't sell out of country but for some reason this week I have had a run on buyers from Russian Federation, Ukraine and now China. It started with a cross stitch item that was purchased by someone in the Russian Federation with a New Castle Delaware address.  The winning bid or purchase comes in quick at end of item.  Then it happened again, and next a Ukraine buyer purchased with a Wilmington Delaware address which I think is another shipping out of country business.  Being a small seller this seemed a bit odd to me so contacted eBay who said there is no problem if they pay and I send I am covered. Was it not strange though? No they told me. Now this weekend I had two items sell to a person who is a member in China ,with a  Hillsboro Oregon address that again looks like a shipping warehouse situation.  Just now I checked my eBay and find once again a Russian Federation buyer with a New Castle Delaware address has purchased another one of my craft items.  I think that is 6 in just a little over a week and I only had I think 8 total sales.  I am really feeling uncomfortable about this and I don't know why eBay is saying there is no issue. I don't know. I have it set up that I only sell in country but these are sneaking through because of the US addresses. I don't know if these are legit. I have seen many people with issues regarding these exact addresses. I don't know why this is happening all at once. I am a little concerned. Any ideas anyone?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Russian Federation Ukraine China buying my items through US Warehouses

@linmom3 wrote:
Thank you. I feel a little better, but Do you think it is strange though al at once out of the blue that in a little over a week 3 different shipping houses - 7 sales all at once? You think it is just a run on cross stitch? I hope you are right because I have Ukraine and China onboard here too....

No not strange.......

I ship worldwide but in the past few weeks more and more of my international buyers are using forwarders because they have come to understand that using USPS to ship International is EXTREMELY slow at the moment.

I don't use USPS for International but even the shippers I do use are experiencing delays to almost all International destinations because of the lack of planes in the air. There are a few countries (the UK in particular) that still do have regular air service but many countries especially Eastern Europe, Asia & South America have almost no incoming flights from the USA.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Thanks everyone for all of your input and answers I so appreciate it.

I continue to have buyers and repeat buyer from Russian Federation.

Items have made it to the shipping co. in MD but have not had feedback yet from buyers themselves. I do normally leave feedback for my buyers prior to them leaving feedback for me but in this case I am waiting. The buyer from China that ordered two items to be shipped to Warehouse in Oregon did not pay and then asked for shipping combined which I wanted to do but brought cost up higher with two items together than what I was charging but I still offered 1.00 off or said we could cancel sale if they preferred.. The items each were only 3.99  cross stitch. After I offered dollar off heard nothing finally put unpaid item strike on and they paid. So on it goes.. if it were not for out of country buyers which still seems odd to me I would have hardly any buyers so at least grateful for that. Hopefully once items all reach their destinations everything will be fine.  

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Covid is keeping people at home, and many  are searching the internet for craft items, puzzles and games, etc. This is the new normal. 

Also, keep in mind: cross stitch sets are a very low scam-risk item. The transaction, as far as your involvement, is just like a domestic buyer, not much difference really. So enjoy your new sales and customers!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Just a warning here. I got ripped off as a seller.3 or 4 small items went thru fine. The larger one didn't.  USPS dropped off at some "warehouse" address as my mailing instructions specified. Buyer was in China apparently?. I had to include a "refence number as last item on ship to address"  USPS fulfilled it's part, no claim there and since buyer was hidden 3rd party (on ship to), ebays seller protection rules did not apply when I produced the USPS delivery receipt to them.

I called the buyer listed number and it was a funny conversation... Los Angeles address but no one at customer service there spoke english..at the Los Angeles area code number I dialed ... they said "you have China.... no english". Dead end.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

One of my fears - I'm sorry this happened to you.  I still have not received feedback from China / Russian Federation buyers so I wait. Items were delivered to the warehouses in US with tracking showing as delivered but I am guessing the parties who purchased these out of country have not received yet.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply