cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle Me This Oh Great Puzzle Solvers

I know it's not really so but doesn't it seem like the no returns sellers are the ones that do not include measurements, have two photos and whose descriptions say "nice top."

Do they get a zillion snads filed against them?  But their feedback usually looks okay; not 100% but at least 99.8%. 

I can't afford to buy good golf clothing from a no returns seller so I just pass right on by even though it's like a stab in my strong golf left arm to miss that great Jamie Sadock shirt (which is going to be $30-$40, no returns?  un uh).

Okay, back to work now.  I just had to have a small vent moment.  I spent a zillion minutes tonight carefully researching three items (some of my wackos, not clothing) and writing the listings.  And i even used bullet points.  If you include my photo time, add another zillion minutes. I've got to figure out how to do this on-the-floor-with-a-phone-blur-photo thing.

Actually, seriously, do these sellers get tons of returns?  And it would have to be snads or something if they are no return sellers.

Signed,

Mystified and Weary

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Riddle Me This Oh Great Puzzle Solvers

@sharingtheland wrote:

I know it's not really so but doesn't it seem like the no returns sellers are the ones that do not include measurements, have two photos and whose descriptions say "nice top."

Do they get a zillion snads filed against them?  But their feedback usually looks okay; not 100% but at least 99.8%. 

I can't afford to buy good golf clothing from a no returns seller so I just pass right on by even though it's like a stab in my strong golf left arm to miss that great Jamie Sadock shirt (which is going to be $30-$40, no returns?  un uh).

Okay, back to work now.  I just had to have a small vent moment.  I spent a zillion minutes tonight carefully researching three items (some of my wackos, not clothing) and writing the listings.  And i even used bullet points.  If you include my photo time, add another zillion minutes. I've got to figure out how to do this on-the-floor-with-a-phone-blur-photo thing.

Actually, seriously, do these sellers get tons of returns?  And it would have to be snads or something if they are no return sellers.

Signed,

Mystified and Weary

Because of the trendy wave and all that I wouldn't by pass no returns...just take a second to look at their feedback.  These seller are top knotch...listing look's good, nice quality item...go for it!!!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

It's not the sellers or how good they are, it's about the fit.

I've returned 2 or 3 items lately (and paid postage myself) because of fit and I do know what size I wear in certain brands and the sellers included measurements.  

I'm simply trying to say how I don't understand how sellers can ask $45 for a shirt, with no measurements, no return, and a description that says:  "Nice.  Very Little Wear."  Boggles me.

Or maybe I'm just jealous because of the amount of care I put into descriptions and the time it takes.  And I do take returns and I have very, very few.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

OP, it sounds like you need to learn how companies are labeling their irregulars.

Because most companies are having their stuff make in China, there is a lot of poor quality and so that stuff gets dumped at outlet and markdown stores.  Their tags are usually specifically marked - for example, Gap has dots under their name on the logo for outlet stuff.

So the high quality stuff will fit and the irregulars will not.  If I am paying for a brand name, I expect  some consistancy, and wouldn't be blaming the seller entirely.

(*Bleep*)
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

"I can't afford to buy good golf clothing from a no returns seller so I just pass right on by......"

As a hacker, and from experience, golf shirts have to not only fit comfortably, but function properly.  Last thing I want is to take Big Bertha out of the bag, swing out of my shoes on a par 5, and have my newly on-line purchased golf shirt rise up above my belt line.................while the beer cart lady waits patiently!!

Back in the box for a return at..........the turn!!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@nicgola-0 wrote:
"Buy something that you know fits you from a reputable eBay seller, wear it proudly, and don't return it, or belly-ache."

Not all items of clothing are created equal.
As a seller I have ran across items I've gotten from outlet stores that ran smaller or larger than their department store counterparts.
Used items can shrink or be stretched.
Measurements are a necessity. "buy this great pair of size large shorts by Brand XYZ" doesn't help much.

I would not have said what I said if she was not industry name-dropping.  If you are going to name-drop, then you should be expected to know your stuff,  at least the stuff that is in your size.

if not, there isn't even a moot point, let alone a constructive point, only a person that want others to know that they know brand names.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I used to write out six inches long and keep getting asked how big something is.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

skate - On this I disagree - name brand or store brand. I found adorable tops ( all the same style ) in a brand I always buy. Bought 3 as I know what size fits me - the solid colors ran true to size - the striped one way too small - so went to exchange and tried on the next larger size - again too small. Now you would think they were all cut from the same pattern - are the same material blend and would all fit the same.

Especially when you are buying pre-owned - you have no idea what water temp these are washed in - have they shrunk - does this particular style run fuller or slim. That's why I only buy clothing from online merchants with a B&M close by in case I need to exchange - I'm just not into online returns.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

It's even worse when you buy an expensive ring to find out it is way off in size, but then the no returns seller gets away with it by using the term "Approximate".  No more no returns for me. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I'm no clothing expert, and I'm no brand diva, but I do know that I can buy two pairs of the exact same jeans from the same manufacturer, try them on and many times they both will fit differently, even differences in length. Same with shirts, same with shoes, same with dresses. If I can't try it on instore, I don't buy it. I don't buy clothes online because I just don't like to return things, even if the retailer is okay with it.  Just because you "know" a certain size in a brand fits, is no guarantee that it WILL fit.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@skatesave wrote:

@nicgola-0 wrote:
"Buy something that you know fits you from a reputable eBay seller, wear it proudly, and don't return it, or belly-ache."

Not all items of clothing are created equal.
As a seller I have ran across items I've gotten from outlet stores that ran smaller or larger than their department store counterparts.
Used items can shrink or be stretched.
Measurements are a necessity. "buy this great pair of size large shorts by Brand XYZ" doesn't help much.

I would not have said what I said if she was not industry name-dropping.  If you are going to name-drop, then you should be expected to know your stuff,  at least the stuff that is in your size.

if not, there isn't even a moot point, let alone a constructive point, only a person that want others to know that they know brand names.

Industry named-dropping ?  Please.   We're not supposed to use brand names in a clothing discussion?   

My simple question is what happens when a buyer receives a higher-priced no-returns item that has not been well described and it doesn't fit?  Isn't the buyer's only recourse to file snad (I truly don't know) and then that affects the seller?

In my case, as much as I would love to have it, I won't pay $45 or $25 or $425 for something I can't return.  And no, I don't want to resell it, either.

Why would you even suggest what you said about me?  I don't belly-ache (sic).  You don't know me, my knowledge of clothing, what's in my closet, and my name-dropping skill levels.

Rose, they're not irregulars.  

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 25 of 25
latest reply