cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising listing is now "New Listing" with an insertion fee per eBay

Hello sellers--- On April 28, 2024 I received a question from a potential buyer wanting to know the weight of a sterling silver item.  I answered the question and then went into the listing to revise it to add the weight.  It was something other buyers would want to know.  Also I noticed the photos were dark and hard to see.  I went into existing photos and lightened them  I did not add any photos.  Ebay charged an insertion fee !!!!.  I have called 2 times and keep being told that revising is like  a new listing causing a an insertion fee to be charged.  I am  not told if the description revision or if the photo revision or both trigger the new listing insertion fee.  Are we unable to revise for free any more?  I know it is just $ .35 but I do make revisions from time to time and do not want to incur a fee. Any one else have this problem ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@boscobosco22,

You have 66 active listings, and 2 sold listings in the last 90 days. So that is a total of 68 items, all fixed price, and even if all of them had already been renewed in April, you would still have had about 182 free-insertion-fee listings available when that listing was revised. So it should have used up one of your free-insertion-fee listings, and you should not have been charged, even if it was a new listing and not a revision.

I don't think that this would have been for Gallery Plus, either (although the price is the same). The listing doesn't show the Gallery Plus perks, and it is in the antique category, where Gallery Plus is free. And it is only in one category, so this wasn't a charge for adding a second category.

Please post a screenshot of where you were charged $0.35, so we can see what it says the charge was for.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Do you have a monthly eBay fee? 

If you are listings items for free...there is a limit...and I can't possible understand how anyone can remember any changes or how to keep track of what they do.

I pay $21.95 a month and can do anything almost without worrying about an extra fee to list or make changes or add or subtract and so on.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply