cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns for "Changed my mind"

Really getting sick of processing returns for this. 

What a colossal waste of resources and funds for all involved. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You offer free returns.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Does that preclude me from disliking it? 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I do not offer Free returns & This is just another Prime example of why I do not!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Does the math still work for you?  Does paying the return shipping eat up much of your discount?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I'd be shocked if the math worked for anyone. You don't get a 10% fee discount. You get 10% of the ~15% fees to be a top rated seller offering free returns.

I just do it do get a 1.5% discount on the changed my mind returns that people would just disguise as a "not as described" return if the option of changed my mind wasn't available.

You're kidding yourself if you think a 1.5% discount on fees is covering anything but an almost perfect record of not running into a scammer or a mind changer even just a couple times in a year.

I'm fine with it generally, it's just annoying and a waste of resources for buyers, sellers and the environment. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Since it isn't working for you, I'm not clear on any reason to continue using free returns.  I realize categories matter, but my experience on returns has been approx. 3/4 of them are for remorse.  So I offer a return policy where they can be honest and pick a remorse reason and I'm not responsible for the shipping costs.  I've had a few file false NAD to get free shipping, but it isn't the norm.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I actually typed out the reason I do it in my last reply and it is working just fine. here it is again: 

I just do it do get a 1.5% discount on the changed my mind returns that people would just disguise as a "not as described" return if the option of changed my mind wasn't available.

1.5% discount is better than no discount.

With a return policy like yours it's a pretty sad state of affairs tbh. Sure you don't have to refund their original shipping cost but you do have to pay the bill for them to return it. On top of that you, your family and my family have to pay the bill on the damage to the enviroment you cause by trucking your stuff twice around the country for buyers remorse.

It's ridiculous and should be reigned in on a used item auction marketplace 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Have you looked at your listings to see why you get so many returns.

Looked at a couple listings and in both, the photos show some damage but nothing mentioned in the descriptions about the damage.

You need to mention any defects/damage in your descriptions.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"Why I get so many returns" haha I get hardly any returns, but when I do they are not for damage or anything of the sort they are for changed my mind.

Did you actually....... Read this topic? 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@gazrok wrote:

With a return policy like yours it's a pretty sad state of affairs tbh. Sure you don't have to refund their original shipping cost but you do have to pay the bill for them to return it. On top of that you, your family and my family have to pay the bill on the damage to the enviroment you cause by trucking your stuff twice around the country for buyers remorse.

It's ridiculous and should be reigned in on a used item auction marketplace 

I guess I haven't had enough coffee.  How is my return policy (which allows for remorse ) but doesn't cost me anything worse than your return return policy, which allows for remorse but costs you money each time it's used?   I don't pay the return shipping or initial shipping unless it was free initially.   Your returns would use trucks too.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Well, maybe I can learn something here. 

How do you not pay the return shipping? Do you think ebay covers your return shipping labels? 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

My return policy is 30 days with buyer paying the return shipping.  This covers all remorse/fit returns if the buyer is honest.   Of course, if they file not as described, it's a different story.  At least by not offering free returns I have the possibility of not losing money on returns.  I have on average about 10 a year and right now 7 are for remorse, so the hit wasn't bad.  A couple didn't even end up returning after filing.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@gazrok wrote:

"Why I get so many returns" haha I get hardly any returns, but when I do they are not for damage or anything of the sort they are for changed my mind.

Did you actually....... Read this topic? 

That's why I asked you about the math.  If you have few returns without much postage loss, then your discount might end up better for you.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I would highly recommend doing a month of No Returns and see what happens to your sales.

I did that and stopped offering returns.  My sales didn't go down at all!!!

It's not worth the 10% off the 13% fees for me.  I would lose more than that in return shipping and devaluing of my inventory.

eBay pushes plenty of things that will increase sales AND increase costs for the sellers, like this.  At the end of the day, you must decide.  Test for a month... even if just 25% of your inventory, then see if they sold at a lower rate.

I've found most buyers have no conscience about wastefulness.  They don't mind shipping back and forth to see if they want it or packing it up like trash to send it back. 

Kim
Message 15 of 15
latest reply