cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return request for not mentioning original glass on iPhone, although mentioned cracked?

Hello,

I happened to sell an iPhone via auction where the description was mentioning the iPhone was in poor condition and the glass was broken. The item was sent and I received a return request because the "glass was not original", although the glass was clearly advertised as cracked.

Am I obliged to accept the return?

Item & desc in question: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283778574681

Any advice welcome 🙂

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Return request for not mentioning original glass on iPhone, although mentioned cracked?

@c-ppel-tuflzsp4 wrote:

Yes.

Listing didn't mention anything about the screen being replaced.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They are saying the glass is not original to the phone. Had the glass been replaced with non original glass?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You will almost certainly be hit with the big kahuna,  an "unresolved" defect, if you don't accept the return.

If you think buyer abused the SNAD mechanism, there is a way you can appeal to ebay for protection from the requirement to pay return shipping, and protection from any punishment...but you have to accept the return first and refund in full when it comes back.

Look at buyers complaint. If you're going to win this kind of appeal, buyer has to pretty much use the same words complaining that you used describing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ebay offers the Money Back Guarantee.  This leaves the seller open to accept all returns.  You have no choice but to send a return label and accept the return.   It may seem unfair but ebay has allowed buyers to order anything, ignore the condition and return it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This is not going to work in your favor.  You selected condition "used", which starts out:

Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. 

The definition of used goes on from there to encourage buyer to look at the listing for more issues, but "used" strongly suggests that the worst defect will be cosmetic.  A broken screen is not "cosmetic".

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Accept the return and issue a return label. Once you receive the item back, refund.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@c-ppel-tuflzsp4 wrote:

Yes.

Listing didn't mention anything about the screen being replaced.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 7
latest reply