cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resellers permit on eBay

Not sure if this is the second post; apologies if so.  I recently made a purchase on eBay after a long absence.  I was shocked to be charged over 10% in Washington state sales tax.  I hadn't realized the new tax requirements for big time sellers affected eBay buyers.  After this experience, I uploaded a PDF of my Washington state reseller's permit according to eBay's instructions.  After 10 days or so, I didn't hear back, so I uploaded it again. Still nothing.  What can I do to have this tax waived in the future on things I purchase for resale?  I can't afford to buy for my customers if I have to pay the tax on eBay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Resellers permit on eBay

They say it takes 3-5 days for verification, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking longer now.  Given you've uploaded it twice now and I'm not sure if the level of CS we have right now is going to do you any good, you might want to try contacting eBay for business on facebook.

Incidentally, the tax requirement isn't just for 'big time sellers' - it's for all sales on the marketplace, any marketplace.  Hopefully you can get some movement on the resellers permit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Resellers permit on eBay

Thanks.  My first upload was the end of April, so it's been way longer than expected.  I looked on FB eBay for business but see no way to contact anyone.  Am I missing it or do I have to join the group?  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Resellers permit on eBay

i have my resale permit in hand, how do i get it to the right people at ebay

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Resellers permit on eBay

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply