cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reloading hunting sports listings

Hello, I had a listing removed because it was a violation of the reloading sales guidelines. It was for a box of primers. OK, now I understand and I deleted the listing. But now all the other listings I create in that category ie (Vintage Reloading Equipment Forster-Appelt Case Length Gauge 243 WIN , being one of them) will not go live. Is there a grace period before I can list in this category again? Usually my listings go live right away.  Frustrated... If anyone knows what is happening I would appreciate it! Thank you

HUGSFORHERMITS

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Try a different category.  (lots of categories and many sort of overlap).  I sell car parts and there's a category for A-Arms and a different category for Control Arms.    (I bet I can find 30 or more like that in car parts).
   If not, try different wording.  One word in the title may be causing issues.   In auto parts, no matter how innocent or legal, some words like "delete" will not go through in certain categories.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you redlinear, I will try that but honestly there seems to be something more going on because i have sold a lot of reloading dies and other stuff with no problem. But once that one listing was pulled by Ebay it's like they put me on time out. I will try the work around of finding a different category I like that idea. Thank you again!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi Hugs;

Unfortunately, I'm posting the same response I've given to others when it comes to problems with firearms related items on ebay,...

Sorry to say I have no helpful advice, just my sympathies for you.

Many years ago (Ive been on ebay since the 90's) I had a common, NON FEDERAL REGULATED firearm part listed, dozens of other sellers had the same part listed too with no problems.

I got a notice from ebay my item was removed and received a very threatening notice that I was on probation and a 2nd infringement would be a permanent account ban.

I questioned the reason, pointed out all the other listings and was simply told in vague terms there was a word in my listing they didn't like and if I re-worded the listing and re-posted it I would be banned.

I just threw out the part, counted it a loss, and I've never sold another firearms related item since on ebay.

You can't fight big brother unfortunately, very sorry to say.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You are now subject to further scrutiny and delay in the category because you were caught violating policy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Wow that is kind of scary, I sure don't want to risk getting my account banned.  Thank you so much for sharing what you experienced on this subject!

-hugs-

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Oh ok, yes that sounds like what is going on! DANG I feel like a bad kid now. 

I won't try to list in that category again for a while... or ever I don't know! 

I had a feeling I was in some kind of time out or something. Thank you so much for your reply!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply