cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisting sold items and not taking responsiblitly

I have a huge inventory. I have sold about 15 items this year THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLD and Ebay not only refuses to accept responsibility but also gives me a poor performance report and will not amend it.  Anybody else? I have almost 20,000 positive feedbacks with no negatives. Surely they should take this into account as I have been selling for almost 20 years. It feels so disrespectful. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Relisting sold items and not taking responsiblitly

That has been going on for years and Ebay doesn't seem to want to do anything to fix the problem.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

...I personally deleted from my end the listing every time an item was sold out completely...although I knew that eventually that listing will be dismissed by eBay but I would rather take the matter on my own hands instead of relying on eBay, as their systems nearly always has glitches, and their customer service by calling is below 0...(I don't have any accounts with social media so telephone CS is the only one I have to deal with...)

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Should the system be fixed, Yes it should.  In reality, it's your business and you are the one responsible to make sure it is run per the rules.  That would include making sure that out of stock items are not listed.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I have the same problem!  It's impossible to go through thousands of items every day to make sure that listings that have ended / sold out are not relisted due to a system glitch.  This happens to me so often and it's frustrating to no end.  

I send a message to the buyer explaining the situation and offer an alternative (if I have one) or the option to cancel.  For those that choose to cancel or those that don't reply at all, I put in the cancellation as "buyer requested" since I don't think I should take a hit/defect for an Ebay system issue.   Today I received a 3 day selling suspension for invalid cancellation reasons.  I have called and emailed the "anchor support" team about this numerous times and I'm always told that they are aware of it and are "looking in to it" or claim that they have no idea what I'm talking about.  

They either need to fix their system or offer other options when cancelling an order - this is crazy!  Luckily eBay only accounts for about 10% of my sales between the platforms I sell on.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

This has happened to me several times. I check my listings to try to prevent this from happening, but with over 300 listings it is difficult to stop this from happening. I have also had to refund several purchases because I was unable to locate the item. In both cases, this has resulted in a negative rating. Once you get this rating, it almost impossible to get rid of it.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It sounds like you have a lot of work with that many listings. Maybe hire an employee to help you so you can take responsibly by checking for items listed that you already sold.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It is a well known issue, they can't "fix" it, but they can figure how to write the algo that will start charging FVF on top of your taxes, PL's and shipping costs in no time.

Anyway, we have a standard letter for buyers of non existent items:

Dear Buyer, 

Thank you for your purchase of _______ but due to a well known Ebay glitch, items that are out of stock are being relisted on Ebay and are shown as available for purchase.

Our inventory numbers are well sorted and up to date but Ebay keeps overriding our quantities and create unnecessary inventory conflicts.

We can offer you the same item in different color, we currently have it in Orange ____ ___ etc' in stock.

Another option is to send you a full refund asap if you would like to cancel.

Please let me know, sorry for the inconvenience. 

If they ask to cancel, we use the "buyer asked to cancel" option for cancelation...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@tryno2 wrote:

Should the system be fixed, Yes it should.  In reality, it's your business and you are the one responsible to make sure it is run per the rules.  That would include making sure that out of stock items are not listed.  

Ebay would like to thank you for justifying one of their many glitches and putting the responsibility for eBay's incompetency once again on the sellers.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Selling multiple items of the same thing under one listing seems to be the problem. Just stop doing that. Ebay was more for selling one item under one listing. Buyers do not like buying something that is out of stock. The buyer is wasting their time purchasing something and then its out of stock. I have been there. I get just an email from the seller saying seller can't find item and get a refund. And that's days after the purchase. So I have to find the item again. As a buyer I waste time buying something only have to look for it again. This just happened last week for me again. Some sellers should keep control of their inventory and maybe shorten their inventory. If I have 10 items of something it will be 10 listings....not one. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

He DID hire an assistant. It's called "Ebay".  He pays them to use their tools and site to sell items. 
And Ebay actively encourages multiple listings and "stores" to sell thousands of items without having to watch EVERY SINGLE LISTING because the software they 'RENT" to us is supposed to do this. Which we ALL pay for in FVF's!!  And it has a FLAW this huge in the "tools" that they are charging us for?? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

It's your business, in the end that's the deal.  Sure EBay has failed with their software, that's really nothing but an excuse for you to fail.  Sorry but's the way it is.  Your business, your responsibility.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@tobyjill22 wrote:

I have a huge inventory. I have sold about 15 items this year THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLD and Ebay not only refuses to accept responsibility but also gives me a poor performance report and will not amend it.  Anybody else? I have almost 20,000 positive feedbacks with no negatives. Surely they should take this into account as I have been selling for almost 20 years. It feels so disrespectful. 

They never will, though.  What's so frustrating is that in my experience the item is NOT in my current or ended/sold listings, so I can't even do an inventory to try to try to preempt the resale of an already sold item.  People have reported listings months old and long since deleted being sold again.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 13
latest reply