cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisted Auctions And "Newly Listed" Sort Problems

Hi All:

I've posted about this a few times with no answers and confirmed last evening when an auction (on another account) failed to sell and was automatically relisted. 

Relisted auctions (and in my recent experience, BINS as well) are no longer necessarily appearing with others listed that day when sorting by "Newly Listed". My relisted item appeared below any other items that had been listed that day, and was clustered in with other auctions that were old enough that they no longer had the "newly listed" badge. (Oddly, my item did have the badge.)

In addition, the start date shown on my item in the search results list was from the week before when it had first been listed, NOT the date of the relist. 

My item, BTW, was not a long-tail, stale listing. It had only been listed the once before.

Is this happening to anyone else? Could this be the cause of dropping sales for some people? 

As it is now, I am switching to Sell Similar on all my relists so that they pop back up in the Newly Listed sort. This is really cumbersome, however, so I am hoping to hear from others about whether this is the new norm for auction and BIN relists.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Relisted Auctions And "Newly Listed" Sort Problems

There are other posts on this topic.   Yes it is happening to others.   

eBay at one point said it is a bug and then later said this is a 'wanted change.'

See the following thread:    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Relist-Date-BUG-in-search-results-by-Time-...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There are filters you can choose when you are calling up listings.  You can view just Auctions or Just Fixed price.  You can also have your search return come back in lowest to highest dollar value, or the opposite of that.  And there are a couple other choices.  There are also filters on the left side of the page.  So how you get your search return is going to depend on how you set the filters.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

There are filters you can choose when you are calling up listings. 

Thanks for responding!

On my other account I am using the same saved searches I have used for years to shop in my category and I have double-checked that my filters are set as they have always been. Still, I will find my item — with its newly listed badge — listed *below* other items that are days old when I filter for "Newly Listed."  Those items that surround it do not have the "Newly Listed" badge and are not Sponsored items. . . .

I have noticed this on other people's listings as well. For instance, there are items that have ended in my watch list that indicate they have been re-listed, yet they do not appear among the recent items in a "Newly Listed" sort — they appear several pages back among other several days old listings.

Seems that this is not happening to anyone else? Can you confirm that your manually re-listed BIN or Auction listings are properly filtering as Newly Listed with the new re-list date, not back to the original/initial date of the listing?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

eBay at one point said it is a bug and then later said this is a 'wanted change.'

See the following thread:    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Relist-Date-BUG-in-search-results-by-Time-...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@*_a_user_id_* wrote:

To be fair, an item that was listed for 7 days and then relisted, is not as "new" a listing as something that was very first listed today.

If that ranking in the search results is important to you, rather than auto relist, relist manually (I don't know if that would make a difference) or choose "list one like this" on the ended item and "relist" it that way.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@*_a_user_id_* wrote:

THANK YOU! I thought I was loosing my mind, LOL.

Looks like I am going to have to switch to "Sell Similar" on all my manual re-lists.  😞

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I do manually relist the majority of the time.   The relist functionality works with either

the manual or automatic relist.  

A relist does generate a new item #.

eBay encouraged relists and even does them for you. 

I wonder if eBay has done a metric to see how many items sell during a relist.

There is now a new situation created.  Sellers have the option to see which items

were unsold and not relisted.   That tool is now useless if seller uses "Sell Similar."

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I wanted to add that the "sell one like this" will count as one of your "free" listings.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@*_a_user_id_* wrote:

Sellers have the option to see which items

were unsold and not relisted.   That tool is now useless if seller uses "Sell Similar."

This is my main issue with "Sell Similar" vs relist — it will be harder to keep track of my unsold items and be up-to-date on which have been put back up for sale. I will no longer be able to rely on the "not relisted" report in Seller Hub because I may have used "Sell Similar" on the item instead. If I do that, the item still appears as unrelisted . . . .  I hope I don't wind up relisting an item that is already up or that has already sold.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply