cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunding With a Gift Card

Hello everyone, I was curious as to how I would get a refund? I bought an item with a $40 EBAY gift card but am soon getting a refund. I have a paypal account linked to my eBay but I’ve never used my paypal, it only has my card. My question basically is, does the refund go into my eBay account, my paypal, or to my credit card? Please help and thank you for reading!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Refunding With a Gift Card

It should go back to the gift card...but watch it like a hawk.  Presently dealing with ebay over winning a not received claim, funded with a gift card.  Where it looks in my paypal account like I got a refundm but never did

Exactly the same as people were reporting two years ago https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/ebay-gift-card-is-a-fraud-if-you-have-a-refund/td-p/25...

An ebay email appears with the paypal refund entry,  to which I have gotten no reply at all after emailing it twice.  So I got an ebay rep on facebook to look into it, who promised to look into it and get back to me.    Didn;t hear back, but see my gc got some money added...but its only about half what I was expecting.   So I ask on facebook again and she declares that is the correct amount.   So I take a fit on her and its supposedly being looked into again, which will take a week

The worst part is, everything looks fine on ebay winning the non received case.   And the entry in paypal looks fine that I got a refund (its not a large amount luckily).  In fact it looks like an entry adding money to my paypal balance.  The "details" show a number of transactions with "ebay voucher"...but nothing actually went back to the gc

Never in a million years would I touch an ebay gc again

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Refunding With a Gift Card

It'll go back to the same card used before. You'll need its number to redeem again.

Hope you didn't throw it away!

Thanks everyone for sharing & helping 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply