cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Cancelled Because No Extra Money In PayPal Account??

Individual seller. Rarely sells anymore. This morning I made a sale but was unable to locate the item to ship. Emailed buyer and went ahead with the cancellation and refund process. Immediately got an email from ebay telling me that the refund failed. Buyer's money was still in Paypal account. I did noting with it. I called up ebay and they said that I have to have more money in my Paypal account then what the buyer paid for the item in order to initiate the cancellation process. What's that all about. I don't recall this ever being a problem in the past that is having no money in Paypal other then what the buyer paid and still being able to successfully initiate a refund. Thoughts welcome. TIA.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Refund Cancelled Because No Extra Money In PayPal Account??

I heard (read somewhere) the 5 year agreement was extended a year to end in 2021.

But it does seem, given some of the recent actions by PayPal, that they are distancing themselves from 'servicing' ebay customers.

The no fee refunds on cancellations/returns for example, followed by this no refunds unless full refund is available in the PayPal balance.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@my_boston_baked_beans wrote:

What makes you the historian?

The final connection between eBay and PayPal completes at/by 2020 call PayPal if you doubt the information!

Nothing makes me "the historian".

Only thing is my ability to read. (sometimes)

It has been posted many, many, many, many times on here that as return/refund requests can be made through eBay for up to 30 days after the delivery, and for up to 180 days after payment on PP that it may be in the best interest of a seller to have some funds available for such instances.

You of course may choose to do as you please. It is only a suggestion. Not sure why you are stomping on my head.

I do not know what the connection is between PP and eBay that you are talking about that has anything to do with PP not refunding money that is not available.

eBay refused to honor a refund unless I transfer funds from bank.

How would eBay honor a refund that PP would not make because of no funds available?

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I just ran into this for the first time myself and saw the new money grabbing "rule" PayPal has added.  Frustrating and motivation to look elsewhere if there were options.

What I *really* don't understand is - why don't they just grab the extra money from your financial institution (to which they are already linked into for purchases and payments).

This part is mind boggling to me.  Just charge it to me - don't make me have to deposit the difference into my balance - that's just dumb!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

before Corona virus 2019 not money back cash or not item deliver my address. ebay and seller issues convert big crises . paypal cheating fool told me, can't return money bank your account .

MY MONEY IS STUCK 2019 TO 2020 !

how to get my money ???????????

Message 19 of 19
latest reply