cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received negative feedback because Global Shipping Program cancelled order

I'm the seller.  I listed the item, buyer bought and paid for it.  I shipped it to Global Shipping through eBay.   On arrival GSP cancelled the transaction deeming my item "restricted."   eBay refunded my money and said they did the same with the buyer.  One month later, buyer leaves me a neagtive.   I begged the buyer to change it, nothing yet.  Can I ask eBay to intervene and/or remove the feedback since the transaction didn't actually occur and it wasn't my fault?  Thanks, all replies are appreciated!  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Received negative feedback because Global Shipping Program cancelled order

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/global-shipping.html

Look at the Protection blurb.  Since the negative was a direct result of a GSP action, the negative should qualify for removal.  Call Customer Service.

But that item should never have qualified for a GSP listing anyway.  Maybe because it was listed in Collectibles it snuck in?  And it has to have proper ORM-D markings and definitely not ship via Priority Mail.  It cannot go by air.  It has to go by ground and be marked properly so it doesn't mistakenly get put on an airplane.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Buyers can't change feedback, only sellers.   Make a Feedback Revision Request to ebay along with a short explaination.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you.  I (the seller) did that and so far have been ignorred.  What I want to know is: will eBay interviene and remove the feedback because the transaction never actually happened (because eBay cancelled it)?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@rustydalmatian wrote:

Buyers can't change feedback, only sellers.   Make a Feedback Revision Request to ebay along with a short explaination.

A Feedback Revision Request goes to the buyer not to eBay. In this situation you need to call eBay and explain just as in the OP (short and sweet). Negative feedback as a result of the GSP, you may get an understanding csr who will remove the neg.

I have to add, GSP needs to have a better way to predetermine what an eligible item is and what isn't an block them to begin with. On the other hand sellers ought to know that you can't possibly ship butane fuel internationally because it's not allowed as Air Mail which by default is the only possibnl;e way to send it. To be fair the fuel was listed in the Lighters Category which is fine for a lighter which has not ever been fueled, GSP have no way to know that it's actual fuel and not a lighter when it's listed.

I notice that listing offers Priority for domestic shipping, I'm pretty sure Butane fuel is illegal to ship via Priority or even First Class and must be shipped via Surface Mail only (Parcel Select).

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

JMO, but the seller should be aware of what can and cannot be sold to certain countries.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/global-shipping.html

Look at the Protection blurb.  Since the negative was a direct result of a GSP action, the negative should qualify for removal.  Call Customer Service.

But that item should never have qualified for a GSP listing anyway.  Maybe because it was listed in Collectibles it snuck in?  And it has to have proper ORM-D markings and definitely not ship via Priority Mail.  It cannot go by air.  It has to go by ground and be marked properly so it doesn't mistakenly get put on an airplane.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@slippinjimmy  How did this item get into GSP?

OP, set your shipping preferences on the listing form, as well as in your seller prefs in your account.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

@slippinjimmy  How did this item get into GSP?

OP, set your shipping preferences on the listing form, as well as in your seller prefs in your account.

@*eponymous*

It was in the Lighter Category, Lighters which have not had fuel in them can be mailed/shipped by air no problem both domestic and international. GSP establishes acceptance based on the category (I have no idea if eBay has a sub-category for butane fuel), they then vet the items when they arrive and if it's not shippable they eat the loss, sellers gets to keep the money but obviously buyers like the OP's feel they wasted time and "effort" and got nothing.

It's one of the poor designs of the GSP system that allows GSP to be offered on items that are restricted. As I said before sellers need to be aware of what can and cannot be shipped and in the case of the later not offer GSP (or ship domestically via Priority).

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I apologize for not being more clear.

My question to you was:  The listing is for US delivery only. How did it get into GSP?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

One other thing, if eBay had completely "structured data" with a product page for EVERY item (like Amazon, Wal-Mart, New Egg and other marketplaces) then GSP could easily refine their selection process down to the individual item.

eBay is a free for all, sellers can list any product in any category.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The listinging was revised on May 15 so perhaps the seller changed the shipping to US only then.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I'm the seller: Yes, the original listing included GSP and (I don't remember the exact date,) I changed the listing to "US only" shipping after the GSP issue arose. I have also (now) changed shipping to ground only (with a huge surcharge for AL, HI, etc, so buyers from those locations will not purchase) . Thank you all for the info and advise.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply