cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INR claims that are refunded/then delivered

In this thread, message #23 from Kyle

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/BUYER-NEVER-PAID-FOR-ITEM-RECEIVED/m-p/34179299#M2327669

kyle@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

To keep this simple........is there an ebay policy that will refund the seller in this situation?

Buyer files a Not Received claim, seller refunds by the obligatory time frame because item has not been delivered, buyer receives item, seller appeals with proof of delivery..........

Hey @dhbookds the seller may have the opportunity to successfully appeal and get refunded in this situation. The primary qualifications are that the seller refunded voluntarily, and that tracking was uploaded and validated on time. If those two criteria are met, I'd definitely recommend having the seller contact our CS teams to appeal.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, that is great advice.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That is exactly my case. How do I contact CS?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That is exactly my case. How do I contact CS?

@ennistx  

The regular CS is available through "requesting a call back" or the "chat" feature.  Be advised that this feature leads you to outsourced call center reps in another country that have no authority to help you.  They are nice, polite, and tell you all sorts of things that are not true.  Their message may say to expect a communication in 24 - 48 hours which is basically their code phrase for NEVER. You need to use one of the social media portals for the best results. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ennistx 

We hear alot of bad things about Customer Service reached thru the help files.  Yet there must be millions of questions to them......so how accurate a wholesale condemnation is, I don't know.

Frankly, I'd like to hear what happens when one does contact them with this problem.......since we have confirmation of the process and eventual outcome as long as the conditions mentioned are met.

To contact regular Customer service........go to the Ebay Help in the upper right corner of this page.......and click on Returns & Refunds for sellers.........  that's as much info as I can give as I don't have an open case.  From what I can see, that may take you to the case and possibly an "appeal" button.   At some point, you need to say that you refunded the item because of non receipt but it was delivered thereafter and quote the tracking number........and it's your understanding that Ebay will refund the money to you.....

Please let us know what happens. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply