cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise Your Voice: Help Keep eBay Fee Rates Low

Demand that eBay stop finding ways to undermine our businesses by tacking on policies which further enrich their own pocketbooks at the expense of ours!

Raise your voices!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

until people quit selling on ebay they don't care and will continue their monolopy

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Some here have lost their voice raising it, eBay has turned it's back on it's members who made eBay. Now they are turning it's back on America itself. It's only a matter of time. Good Luck to you.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@do.you.read.me wrote:

Demand that eBay stop finding ways to undermine our businesses by tacking on policies which further enrich their own pocketbooks at the expense of ours!

Raise your voices!

eBay recently topped 1 billion active listings for the first time.  eBay's stock price was up 2.4% today and is at its peak since the split with paypal. In Q1 2017 they reported net income of $538 million. 

eBay has no incentive to listen to sellers. 

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

I raise my voice frequently.. eBay doesn't seem to take notice.. Smiley Sad

My cats think I'm a little looney though- Smiley Tongue

OP- I get the idea & I understand but eBay is still the best game in town for the money. They also have the best exposure. (Not sure how they add up to the river but I can't list my stuff there anyway.)

I list on other venues- my higher dollar designer stuff is elsewhere but they all have higher fees. 18-20% and one is 30%!!

There's a wee bit better protection for scams & fraud there but not much and it really cuts into profits.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

The eBay Regulatory Commission—the agency that oversees eBay methods upside_down  for  fvf grabs—is currently implementing policies that could result in a significant increase to current rates in order to help fill their pockets,  not related to user satisfaction. 

We firmly believe these proposals would not only have a detrimental effect on eBay sellers, but buyers as well. And we invite you to join us in calling on the eBay Commission to eliminate requirements that could force eBay to increase your prices for conducting business.

nerd

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Raise Your Price: Help Keep Voices Low
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

You have the right to use their service or not. You do not have the right to tell them how to run their business.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

tacking on policies which further enrich their own pocketbooks

what  policies are you talking about?

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

You have the right to use their service or not. You do not have the right to tell them how to run their business.

Hey, if ebay can solicit sellers to raise our voices against the USPS shipping increase business model, then I'm  certainly within the realm of what is  acceptable behaviour concerning voicing opinions about ebay's increasing fvf business model.  

Why, I oughta

provide a petition!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Hahaha. 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

This is ebay's playground and they make the rules. Raising a ruckus will not change anything, save your energy.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I'm picking 1.25% FVF increase Oct. 1st 2017.....

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

This is ebay's playground and they make the rules. Raising a ruckus will not change anything, save your energy.

Nah, I  get riled when bored.

+i+   for   +a+

Turnabout is fair play

And all that rigmarole

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

just another lie , by want a be's

Message 14 of 29
latest reply