cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on ebay store Fees and canceling a sale.

First question,

I recently opened an ebay store after learning my high priced items would save me a lot on final value fees.

I just sold an expensive item ($5500), and was charged the full $550, I am assuming since the item was listed before the store was created, this would be why I did not cap out at $350?

Also, the buyer of this item wanted me to ship to a friends house, I had to cancel the sale in order for them to add the address to paypal and be safe,

Will I get a credit for that $550 final value fee?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Question on ebay store Fees and canceling a sale.

If you cancelled the purchase with the reason "problem with the buyer's address", then yes you will get credit for the fees.  And yes, you were charged the $550 because the item was listed before you had the store. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

dangit, I should have put more thought into reading the reason, I did not select that.
I guess I will have to contact them.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just looked under credits and see they did credit me the fees.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Maybe you'll save a couple of hundred bucks now when you relist it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am having the exact same problem.  I think I am getting a "refund" of the extra fees charged above the 350 cap after a lengthy chat with eBay.  However, it's not cool that I now have to completely recreate multiple listings in order to automatically get the benefits of an eBay store.  I have thousands of views and dozens of "watcher" on my other listings, which of course will be GONE after I delete and reslist the same items.  Just another reason to hate eBay...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You don't have to re-create the listings.  Fixed price listings will convert to the Store final value fee rates on their next rollover date. If you don't want to wait that long, just end the listing and then relist it. Members who are watching your items will see that they have been relisted. As you know, views and watchers usually don't turn into buyers.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply