cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about payment and delivery

I recently sold a large item on ebay.  It was marked as local pickup.  Because shipping was impossible to calculate.  In the description I wrote, I will help accommodate shipping but buyer is responsible for shipping and all cost therein.  

Got a buyer.  Asked me to help with shipping.  By paying the shippers. The buyer paid the shipping cost included in the buy it now price.  Funds on hold awaiting delivery.  

I think the shipping company is ripping me off. I'm certain of the 400$ shipping cost. Possibly even my item as well. 

Am I just screwed here? Does the buyer walk away with a full refund and I'm out everything? 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Question about payment and delivery

...no one can walk away from karma...

...what goes around, comes around...

...may be the one who robbed people won't pay back from their financial sources but their health, or even worse-their lives...

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

don't have all the answers, but make the buyer set up shipping service. The service will eventually contact you for pick-up. 

I think there is a confirmation process you use when the delivery service picks up. 

One comment on this post was this may be related to fire extinguishers(?). There should be plenty of local people that will make the drive to pick up. 

If your uncomfortable, then you probably need to cancel. 

Did you do any research on the buyer?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@nicholsglass wrote:

Yes. The buyer and I messaged eachother on ebay.  And we agreed in a price that included the shipping.  I put that price on the buy it now option and the bought it. Now I'm not sure who is ripping me off. I've asked since day 1 about giving me qr code. They said they didn't have one. Kinda played dumb I suppose you'd say. I've asked 3 more times. And they've ignored them. 

Yesterday said it hasn't arrived. Give me refund.  

I paid the shippers.  And ebay has the money on hold. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's going to happen? Any advice.  

And yes I know.  I've learned my lesson.  Never doing anything like this again.  I thought I was safe.  But maybe not. 

If you added shipping to the listing and they paid it, they wouldn't receive a QR code.

When you pay for the shipping, you upload the tracking number to the order.

Have a great day
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

In the future,  stick to the way you wrote an ad. If it said LOCAL pickup, that is it.  I would avoid listing heavy items here because if the buyer wants to return it, guess who has to pay the return shipping?  Goodluck. 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@nicholsglass wrote:

Yes. The buyer and I messaged eachother on ebay.  And we agreed in a price that included the shipping.  I put that price on the buy it now option and the bought it. Now I'm not sure who is ripping me off. I've asked since day 1 about giving me qr code. They said they didn't have one. Kinda played dumb I suppose you'd say. I've asked 3 more times. And they've ignored them. 

Yesterday said it hasn't arrived. Give me refund.  

I paid the shippers.  And ebay has the money on hold. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's going to happen? Any advice. 

Okay, as the sale stands right now, it's still listed as a Local Pickup; is that right? I'm not aware that you can add a Shipping method after the sale, although you can add additional generic charges as an extra line item on an invoice. 

In other words, I'm not seeing how he can file an Item Not Received dispute on what is (apparently) still a Local Pickup sale. (That's how it reads in your Sold Items listing.) He doesn't have to pick it up himself; he can designate someone else to collect it for him, and either have them pay you or (in your case) send you the funds to pay the shipper, which I understand is what you did. Apparently the shipper hasn't delivered it to him (yet). What identifying info do you have on the guy who actually picked up the shipment? How long has it been traveling?

Your buyer can demand a refund all he wants, but has he actually filed an Item Not Received dispute?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply