cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Variation Listing

I understand why seller is encouraged to create variation listing when applicable. But variation listing has two limitations: 1) not eligible to send offer to watchers, and 2) new variation can’t be added to existing none variation listing, must be created as a new listing. Unfortunately the new listing tool left variation module untouched.

I sell designer clothes and if I already have a listing posted and later obtain the same item in a different size I have two options: a) delete the original listing and create a new variation listing or b) keep the original listing and create a new listing of another size. But neither is good: a) will lose the original listing’s followers and the new listing can’t send offer to watchers, b) search algorithm will think I duplicated the original listing and reduce its search ranking to the bottom. Is their a solution to this?

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question About Variation Listing

It depends on your item & how many of that type of item that would appear using a key word search from your title. 

I have seen sellers go both ways. Some will have repeat listings with the only difference being the different variant such as size. Other sellers have one listing with all the size variations within the one listing.  Personally, I like to keep my store clean & only have one listing with the multiple size variations. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Question About Variation Listing

@714ricki wrote:

A) Some will have repeat listings with the only difference being the different variant such as size.

B) Other sellers have one listing with all the size variations within the one listing.  

I know that. Both are problems I described. When seller creates multiple listings with similar titles eBay search algorithm can identify them and will sink their search rankings. Variation listings are not eligible to send offer to watchers. So if I want to send offers I have to create multiple listings that's harmful to their search rankings. Also when I obtain different sizes of the same item at different time I can't add a second size to the previous listing. 

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 3 of 3
latest reply