cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposed Perk to being a Top Rated Seller !!

I was contemplating what Ebay could do to really make becoming and staying a Top Rated Seller (TRS)

a more lucrative proposition for sellers. My proposal would be to eliminate competitors ads on

TRS's pages. It would probably be a win- win situation. Sellers wouldn't have all of their competitors

items put on their  items listing page and Ebay would probably have more sales by TRS's and therefor the

customers would benefit by buying from trusted sellers.  Win-Win!

Maybe someone could put this proposal 

with the ebay employee tags for consideration. Who knows, Ebay might want to hear ideas that might

be beneficial to them and its seller community.

Regards,

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

To me as a seller it is a great idea, to eBay that is a bad idea.....they make more $$ with promoted listing fees, so they are not going to shoot themselves in the pocket book.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay has absolutely no motivation to increase benefits for Top Rated Sellers.  Over the years, they have only limited and decreased the benefits.  eBay is in business to make a profit, and mid-listing ads clearly contribute to their bottom line (but not sellers').

Top Rated Sellers can qualify to get a 10% credit on their final value fees, so the profit motive would lead eBay to prefer that sales (and the associated FVF's) go to listings that do NOT qualify for that little FVF deduction.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That would be a win win for trs sellers, not eBay's profits. They'd almost certainly lose money doing that. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

That wouldn't help TRS sellers, it would rather destroy their sales.

Rather ebay needs to stop dumping ads for identical items in every listing imaginable. Doing so intentionally drives prices off a cliff, forcing sellers to lower their prices to the point of zero profits. It also hurts ebay's bottom line by causing their GMV to consistently plummet, something investors and sellers alike have voiced concerns about for years.

Either way, I don't see how taking ads in general away from TRS sellers listings helps anyone. If your products aren't being displayed on other listings, then it would be logical to assume you would have a lot less sales.

The majority of traffic on this platform is not from search, rather its from buyers clicking links to traverse the site from page to page.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

See below for the list of great ideas eBay adopted based on one seller's suggestion:

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would guess that the only way to achieve that would be to have your own website. Aside from the revenue from promoted listings and such, ebays belief is to provide options to buyers.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply