cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion option on Listing Screen

Having the promotion choice on the listing screen just above "Submit" is a welcome change. Great time-saver. Love it!!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Promotion option on Listing Screen

I do not like it.  It is a scam.  E bay should not be finding ways to get more cash from sellers. But should promote anyway. What am I paying the very high fees in here for 0.  I a seller is selling a listing lots oftimes with very good ratings. E bay should promote the listing for free as it is on thier site to thier advantage. A not trying to trick seller to promoted listings for extra mononey. E bay is just a mononey hungry site. Pure Greed. With no protection at all to its sellers. It is just a disgrace e bay dose not promote it self but to try and get more out of its sellers to promote its sites listings. Their should not be   charge to oromote your listing e bay should fo it for free to its sellers.  As they are aready paying very high fees and for what 0. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Promoted listings in my opinion is a scam. eBay phoned me 3 times in the last year telling me I had some "free credits" and that I should use them for promoted listings. I completely ignored them, and I'm glad. A few sellers I know personally say it did not increase their sales volume, and one said eBay was adjusting the rate higher without notification. 

To me, it is another way for eBay to squeeze more out of people, just like the mass TRS revocations recently.

They must REALLY need the money.

My real concern lately is the constant log in problem. I say this because the last time it happened was in 2014, when we were hacked. I don't want to wait months before eBay "decides" to warn us.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Promoted listings seem to work ok for me at my pitiful sales levels, and I don't pay anything for them due to the $30/qtr TRS Promoted Listings credit. Since I usually go 1% or 2% on the PL rate, that $10/month credit means I can sell $500 to $1000 without paying any PL fees out of pocket. (PL hasn't done anything to fix the sales drought the last 2 months though).

Problem is, to get the $30 credit, I have to maintain enough sales to stay TRS, and to get those sales, I have to use PL, to get the credit to be able to use PL.....

Like the old 80's PSA: "I do Coke. So I can work longer. So I can earn more. So I can do more coke.... So I can work longer..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOpD-S071M
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Nope. Not falling for it. We are already paying 15+ % in fees between listing fees, fvf's,  fvf's on shipping and PayPal fees. Now eBay want a bigger percentage to actually show our items. No thanks. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet

Like the old 80's PSA: "I do Coke. So I can work longer. So I can earn more. So I can do more coke.... So I can work longer..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOpD-S071M

Ha, brings back memories, but the one we were shown ran along the lines of "FIRST you give it away for free, THEN you charge them." Not unlike ebay's approach. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

AMEN!  lovett-1000, newatlantean,sashalucy2009

I am not a consumer of a service for which both the quantity and price are undefined. How many more times will my listing be seen?  Depends on how much everyone else pays? Trust ebay to work it all out behind the curtain?  No thank you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Now if only they'd give us a way to turn it off so I don't have to see it every time I list an item.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply