cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoting my listings

I listed some items to sell on eBay … and at Ben over 15 hours and I have zero views and I do not have the option to promote it how can I fix this as I can’t have sales without promoting my listing 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Promoting my listings

Just give ebay 50% more of your profits and you will get views. 🙂

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

That’s messed up I am a new seller and I don’t even have the option to promote my listing 🫠

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

They don't always allow brand new sellers to promote their listings however, it isn't necessarily true that your items will not sell without being promoted.

Do you see those listings when you view your active/selling listings in the sellers hub or my eBay?

When I click on view listings for you there are no listings showing so they haven't been indexed yet. They say that it can take up to 24 hours to index but it seems that it has been longer than that.  Have you been revising them? Each time you revise them the indexing starts over.

Have you already signed up for managed payments and entered your checking account info?

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Patience. It is the holidays. Lots of items here unless they are very sought after can take a while to sell. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

You can have sales without promoting your listings.

Many sellers here don't promote their listings.

I don't promote my listings.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

At 15 hours, zero views is normal.  Your items might not have even finished indexing for search at that point, especially since you're a new seller.  Be patient.  eBay isn't the place for quick cash anyways.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@kevincorner 

You are located in the Netherlands and posting on a US community forum.  We cannot see your listings.    Listings can take up to 24 hours to appear.  Remember, when you are listing, so are thousands of other sellers.  Be patient.  PS It is NOT a requirement to use promoted listings, it's a choice.  Many do not.  You need to log out of eBay.com and log back into eBay.com/de to be better served.  

Happy Holidays and Selling

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Many sellers also have things with zero views on their SKU's not new news to those who knew some come soon others roll in tune grabbin' that cash like's a fine sale's stew.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Promoting your listings isn’t a guarantee that they will sell. 
In order to use promoted listings you must be an above standard or top rated seller and enough account activity.

Promoted listings standard 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I don’t even have the option to promote my listing 🫠'

@kevincorner 

The option to pay eBay more money is likely not needed if your items are not indexed and visible yet.  It will not make the visibility happen any faster, and you saved yourself a likely unnecessary expense.  

eBay, will soon be real happy you are so enthusiastic about giving them more money. 

Good luck! 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Good catch as I hadn't noticed that they were in the Netherlands. However, it is possible that they listed here. If not, it's more likely that they listed on .nl rather than on .de.  They don't appear to have listings showing  (that I could see) on any of those 3 sites.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

Many sellers also have things with zero views on their SKU's not new news to those who knew some come soon others roll in tune grabbin' that cash like's a fine sale's stew.

You got me craving stew.  😛

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

You got me craving stew.  😛

Stew be nice, be a good song... "Stew Be Nice" why can't rappers do cool stuff!

Here its 50 and raining when it should be half that and snowing in Western Gnu York.  So ladies like Burgers on the grill!  Just because it doesn't appear to be winter out doesn't mean I'm unaware.  So there I am grillin' come inside, she's toasted Sesame Seed Kaiser Rolls in the oven. 

Good play!

One bite and you're left with a burger, lettuce, onion and cheese in you're hand whilst the roll turned to moon dust atop the plate.

But as REO Speedwagon said"

So you think that you've got her all figured out...

She's a sweet talkin' stud ruin a burger before it ever hits the mouth!

She's the kinda lover that leave ketchup on you're snout...

But don't let her go.

Just give her a chance to grow.

Take it easy, take it slow and take away the rolls!

Take away the rolls!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Yes I guess that is the problem I have been revising anyways I’ll stop that and see what happens 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply