cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted necessary

Just wondering does anyone who never did promoted listings have a significant drop in veiws/impressions/sales.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Promoted necessary

EVERYONE HAS***

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You do know that eBay recently changed reporting of Views and now only shows those from actual shoppers, not from bots or their own browsing.
In addition, only Views from the past 30 days are shown, rather than the constant updating of all Views over the years.

That being said, how do your June/July 2022 sales compare with those in June/July 2019 or 2018?

The pandemic surge of 2020/2021 in online buying has ended. EBay is feeling it, although the company is still profitable, unlike AZ which lost over $3.8 billion so far this year.

So yes, while many sellers are doing fine, many others are seeing  a drop from the pandemic years.

If your sales are comparable with pre-pandemic results there is no great reason to worry.

FWIW - When I use PL (the classic type) I don't find I get more sales on those items, but I do see more sales overall on nonPL listings. I think, and anecdote is not data. that buyers are drawn to the PL items then look at my other offerings.

On which I don't pay even the one percent (now two percent) PL fee. So there's that.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gemarakop_trading 

"Promoted Listings" is like lawyers, you don't want them, but you need them...

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 4 of 4
latest reply