cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings impressions dropping

Screenshot_20190417-104602.png

Why are my impressions dropping when I am promoting at the trending rate?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There's an answer in Wkly Chat

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-April-17-1-00-pm-PT-General...

message 85............  saying basically, there are glitches in how impressions are being shown......but the promos are working correctly..............

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is only a guess........

Looks like you started promoting around March 30th, the activity makes it look like eBay was showing your promoted listing and it was getting impressions but few if any clicks. I would guess that unless you are getting clicks eBay will show your promoted listing less and less either because someone else is offering to pay more or because other similar promoted listings are getting more clicks and/or sales.

No matter what rate you are paying it doesn't benefit anyone if there are no clicks and/or sales. while it doesn't cost the seller anything if there are no sales there is only so many slots for promoted listings and eBay wants to use those slots for listings that actually generate revenues.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What rate did you select there are so many sellers to promote now that they are all competing for the promo space. You need to be doing at least trending rate but make sure that doesn't cut into your profit. I recommend ending the current promos and redoing a new lot at trending rate.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

All were at or above trending.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There's an answer in Wkly Chat

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-April-17-1-00-pm-PT-General...

message 85............  saying basically, there are glitches in how impressions are being shown......but the promos are working correctly..............

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, thank you, I read that. Hopefully things will get fixed.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply