cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Views Plummet on 7/16-7/17

Has anyone else noticed their promoted listings impressions/views plummet starting July 16th-17th? I’ve asked a few other sellers and they’ve noticed the same. I’m wondering if this is a widespread issue. 

EB25D081-72B6-466D-BB88-E944E0815DFA.png

Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: Promoted Listings Views Plummet on 7/16-7/17

@streetsavvy 

Has anyone else noticed their promoted listings impressions/views plummet starting July 16th-17th?

Yes.

I’ve asked a few other sellers and they’ve noticed the same. I’m wondering if this is a widespread issue. 

There are several other posts discussing the issue. Some speculate (and have noticed) that eBay has been changing (testing) what and how they post promoted listings (throwing in some organic listings now?).

It would be nice if sellers where actually eBay business PARTNERS. But we aren't. If we were we would know about changes before they happened instead of after they happened. Even then, we may never get official confirmation on what happened. 🙄

Message 2 of 117
latest reply

We have several threads going on about this and would follow this one here or add to it. Mine is still messed up and going on 4 days now. @valueaddedresource has added some really good analysis on the issue on top of what others have provided. Honestly this company has no good direction anymore and it has been like this for many many years. They are focused in so many different areas, that they are like a person that has ADHD. Instead of focusing on things they need to fix, ie. old pages from the 90's and 00's still surfacing they continue to mess with PLS/PLA like they are a search engine.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Notice-something-with-Promoted-listing-impressions-dropped/m-p...

Message 3 of 117
latest reply

@streetsavvy wrote:

Has anyone else noticed their promoted listings impressions/views plummet starting July 16th-17th? I’ve asked a few other sellers and they’ve noticed the same. I’m wondering if this is a widespread issue. 

@streetsavvy  check out this thread where we're discussing that some users are seeing a majority of Promoted Listings ads removed from the View Item page in some browsers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyone-else-seeing-these-changes-to-Promoted-Listings-on-View/... 

Not clear yet whether it is a technical issue or a test, but what we're seeing could absolutely cause your Promoted Impressions to drop.

Message 4 of 117
latest reply

Looks like something is going on.impressions.JPG

Message 5 of 117
latest reply

@martin2001  yep, there are many sellers who are seeing major drops like that starting around July 17-18...which also happens to coincide with when the changes to remove most of the PL ads on the View Item page for some users/browsers were first noticed and reported.

Check out the thread I linked above for details.

Message 6 of 117
latest reply

ScreenShot Tool -20230721093522.pngThis should explain everything

Message 7 of 117
latest reply

Yes, down tremendously for me., and add that to barely to no sales.

Message 8 of 117
latest reply

Not only does my PL impressions graph look like that, but my sales graph is showing a strong correlation (not always causation, I know). Is anyone else experiencing a drop in sales since their promoted listings tanked?

Message 9 of 117
latest reply

I am experiencing the graph change, as I noted in 1 of the other threads, but my sales are pretty static.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 117
latest reply

they still are, impressions are down to round 10K daily, even after ending and creating new campaign.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 11 of 117
latest reply

promoted listing impressions and views have gone down quite a bit for me as well.  I ended a promotion last week and waited 16 hours to restart and had more views without the promotion than i did with it. on the 16th I had 64,000 promoted listing impressions and it has steadily declined since with yesterday being 28,000 promoted impressions and that was with me promoting at 13%.  i usually wake up to at least 75 views and able to send multiple buyers offers on my items and this morning it was 12 views and no offers to send. 

Message 12 of 117
latest reply

so if you are having the issue and still having issue of very low impressions to normal, call ebay to make report so they will look into the issue and fix it. That is key, ebay does not read these boards, they must have an excess of sellers reporting the issue to look into it. - Just saying, I already called and put a ticket in. 

Message 13 of 117
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

so if you are having the issue and still having issue of very low impressions to normal, call ebay to make report so they will look into the issue and fix it. That is key, ebay does not read these boards, they must have an excess of sellers reporting the issue to look into it. - Just saying, I already called and put a ticket in. 

@nuclearomen you may be interested in this thread as well:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyone-else-seeing-these-changes-to-Promoted-Listings-on-View/...

Some of us are seeing in certain browser scenarios that eBay has either removed all other items from below the feedback module or is only showing what appear to be organic placements in that area.

viewitemnoads.jpg

viewitemorganic.jpg

When this happens, they are still showing one or two rows of PL ads above the description, but the massive amount of ads that are usually below the feedback module are not there.

eBay has very candidly admitted in the past that the vast majority of PL Standard impressions do not come from search, but rather from the View Item page, so whether this is a test or a technical issue, it stands to reason if enough users are having this experience, it might at least be a contributing factor in the drops in PL impressions being reported in the last few days.

Message 14 of 117
latest reply

@valueaddedresource i'll check it out bit later (the other thread). I called and made a ticket for them to look into it. I mentioned some also stated their listings were removed from campaigns on their items listings page in seller hub (none of mine were) but I ended and created new campaign 2 days ago and the impressions daily total hasn't changed, the fall started on the 15th for me and the spiral down to 10K daily impressions on graph has stayed at that rate for past 3 1/2 days. 

as for the sponsored ads, idk if they are testing, they never send me the memo 😆 I listed some new listings today, i view those in incog window, didn't notice if they adds were organic or promoted, but they did show my ads and all mine are promoted. 

I have to step out here for a bit. Got a FT management offer at my PT job yesterday and took the position today, starts Monday, got a bunch of stuff to do.

Message 15 of 117
latest reply