cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Recent Update Critique

This past week, the promoted listings feature changed, so now it is no longer available to choose while creating a listing. I really liked it better the way it was, because I often choose different amounts depending on market competition, price point of the item, how long it has been in my inventory, and other factors. Having the promoted listings only available in bulk settings is not at all convenient, so this week all of my new listings have NO percentages set. I guess this will be a true test of how fast we can sell an item without using promoted listings, because "out of sight, out of mind."

Sellers, what are your thoughts? Do you like it better the old way or the new way?

I hope someone from eBay sees this and possibly puts the feature back the way it was. If not, I guess I will not be doing any promotions from here on out.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Promoted Listings Recent Update Critique

I've always done them globally, so I didn't even notice until your other thread ( & I never checked, I just assumed you are correct).  I have way too many listings to do them one by one.  You can still do different rates & when I first started using it, I did different rates.  I still do, but now I tie it to Ebay recommended rates.

I can't imagine many people were doing them one at a time.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Everything they are "doing for the sellers" lately is not positive nor welcomed.

Its like they sit around and say, what could we do to make the seller experience better?  And then they do the exact opposite.

I have said it before, it seems like they are actively doing negative things for sellers to drive them away.  It's not **bleep** like someone tagged my statement earlier.  They have so much data and so many folks working for them, it's not because they are incredibly stupid, they have data and discussions, they are not dumb people. So all these things they are doing that make it harder for sellers (MP, updated listing tool no one wanted, this change to promoted listings, etc), are by design.  You have to believe its part of a plan to frustrate sellers so much that a certain percentage just throw in the towel and volutarily self-separate from Ebay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Actually, most of the changes to PL's were very helpful! 

ETA:  Except for the additional fees, of course. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 4
latest reply