cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prescription and over-the-counter drugs policy Question

Greetings,

I purchase all my products from a very reputed company suppling supermarkets. I have a fair number of products listed. I am getting my account restricted by the bots for products that are sold in supermarkets, and they don't require prescriptions. I am not sure if there is a way to remove products that may be tripping the bots. I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are they prescription strength? That rule probably results in the exclusion of many items.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prescription-overthecounter-drugs-pol...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Honestly, not sure. Have too many to check. I am think that some keywords are tripping the bots. If I know the list, I can check myself.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The link to the restricted products was already provided by crazystuff4sale. I am not sure what you mean by your account is restricted but you probably need to take some type of action before they permanently suspend you. Unfortunately you have over 10,000 listing and have a lot to go through and review. EBay is probably erring on the side of caution when it comes to the drugs. I would end and delete any listings you may suspect may be triggering the restriction notifications. 

There are a LOT of things you can buy in retail stores without any special requirements that you cannot list on eBay: ammunition, reloading supplies, pellet BB guns and other weapons, cigarettes and other tobacco products, seeds, plants, collectables that are considered offensive ............ I have had to move a number of items to other venues that have less restrictive policies than eBay or that don't have a VERO program. It's just a matter of finding those venues/forums. 

I wish you the best with the cleanup I would hate to see another long time seller permanently suspended. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks dbfolks166mt. I will try to remove any items that might be of concern.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@gatstore2010 wrote:

I am getting my account restricted by the bots for products that are sold in supermarkets, and they don't require prescriptions. 

Just because the item does not require a prescription does not mean the listing conforms to eBay policy. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Your sex toy  pussystroker listing  is  in the wrong category of home and garden and it should be listed in health & beauty>adult toys>sex toys. 

That listing is in violation. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@fab_finds4u 

Thank you for catching it. Removed the listing. Had excluded all adult products, but that slipped through.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply