cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Sales do to the Economy???

I don't know about the rest of you sellers, but sales have petered off for my store from 3 k to less than 1 k per month in the last 24 months. Deduct the fees from that and your in the RED.  Store Promotion Sales do no good, cut prices in half don't help, gave free shipping didn't help, and eBay's return policy is a killer but that is another story horror.  I am about to call it quits and join the unemployed to get all the freebies and give all my stock to local Charity's and churches, then write it all off and say Good by eBay, and  thanks. I have been selling on eBay since 1999 and this last year or two has been down hill all the way.  Been audited by the IRS because the 1099-K received in my mail was different than the 1099-K Paypal  sent to the IRS, that was a $1000's plus fine this month and had to eat that on top of poor sales. The Economy is hurting no question about that, people just don't have any extra money or no money at all. I sell only things people need, not wants, not collectibles, I am swamped with emails "would you take and free shipping" and get plenty of watchers but buyers want it so cheap and free shipping-- there is no profit in that and Can't do that either. I rather give it away to a needy organization, at least there are no fees collected that way.

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Poor Sales do to the Economy???

Not true
Message 61 of 106
latest reply

Message 62 of 106
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Carl - I'd debate your position on the economy and who's at fault but this isn't the place to do so. All I can say is our family went from doing really well - middle class - to being just over the line to get assistance and the copays and ridiculous deductibles that we never had don't help. We don't need a lot any more and have never been materialistic - TG - but I can't give the current prez any kudos for performance.

As far as JEB - we have Andrew Cuomo who also wanted to run - the state is in shambles and most of his sidekicks are facing prosecution also - we're just waiting for the Feds to arrest him - many of them are cut from the same cloth/

I am sorry the recovering economy has not caught up with you.  I never suggested that everyone was in even good shape.  Only that many and the country as a whole was doing better and Obama has tried to make it better and done some things that are good.

My personal situation is not significantly better but I did not take a hit when things went south.  Mty kids are doing great.  Jobs, marriage kids.  Not living with any parent.  So on balance i cant complain.

Jebbie is not who I was refering to.  He in my opinion was just a moderate conservative that did some compromising  and as a result the state is not better for it.  Unfortunately for him he is so milttoast in his run for Prez is doomed.  He is not idealogical enough. 

We have a gov now that puts Jebbie to shame.  And he came into office with the legal baggage. 

Message 63 of 106
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:
And I know that all those who had law suits due to injuries from defect automobile parts and families whose loved ones died because of those defects are not praising Obama - because all those law suits were thrown out when the gov't stepped in.

I have a 33 yr old son who needs a total knee and has ruptured discs in his back due to one of those accidents. Being this occurred before the bail out - all suits were thrown out of court. He can't even get SSI approved but I'm paying for schooling, housing and feeding illegals.

I am sorry for your son's injury and hope for the best for him.  I hope he has health care coverage at least.  Now plans must cover pre-existing conditions.

Obama did not throw out the lawsuits.  The banckruptcy court did.  GM filed for bancrupty not forced into it by Obama.  If the federal governemt had not bailed out GM then those suits would have still been voided.  And they at best would be a third of their present size with ramifications rattleing through the nation.

And you are paying for BP's fines, Warren Buffett's tax advantages and every hedge fund managers luxury car and vaca home.  We need to work on not being ripped off by the rich and the "illegals" will not even be under consideration.  But you wish to look at the boggieman that the rich want you to see.  Not look at them.

Pleaase get back with me on what you would do if this situation arose.  You see a small child crying.  Lost alone. Did not speak English and holding her stomach.   What would you do?

Message 64 of 106
latest reply

clothes - I'll disagree as although I no longer work in a hospital - the ER's are still filled with people because they don't understand their plans and how they work or because many doctors are not accepting the Obamacare plans.

I do agree that those who had previous conditions were helped by this but millions of Americans lost affordable policies. Many more signed up for Medicaid which we're paying for and folks like myself - don't go to the doctor or take recommended medications because we can't afford it. I just paid a $400 bill for an MRI for my husband that insurance didn't cover. Before Obamacare - it would have been covered.
Message 65 of 106
latest reply

I'm going to disagree because we have been personally involved with the lawsuits - one of the conditions of the bailouts was that the Federal gov't would not be responsible for any existing or future lawsuits. Should a court overturn that - and they are trying - those who suffered injuries or death before the bail out will be able to refile.
Message 66 of 106
latest reply

As I said - it's not the place and time - and I apologize but this rings close to home. I admire you all and won't be debating this issue further.
Message 67 of 106
latest reply

I go online to a site called LENSERX and send them my prescription and my eye frame ,I need bifocal and it cost me $137 .

They are based in NY, they do a good job and I have been a satisifed customer for the last 5 years.

If you want it cheap and dont care about what is the latest frame, there are places which serve Medicaid customers, you can get prescription eyeglasses cheap but they wont be designer frames.

If you know what kind of frame you are looking for ,search on Ebay,once I found a second pair of Sophia Loren brand new frame for a few dollars,exactly like my first pair, I keep it as a back up.

If you want to live dangerously, there are sites which send your work to Pakistan ,no fancy prescription ,just plain glasses and frame .very cheap. 

Message 68 of 106
latest reply

@carlsthings wrote:

@tippyalways wrote:

We still have an thriving American owed Auto industry after the highest risk investors(Romney?? Bane Capital??) ran like hurt children from salvaging it.  Obama took the risk and we are all better off for it.

no,it is the taxpayers who took it on the chin to revive a dead dinosaur.

Oh please go ahead Governor Romney.

Opps my bad.

Please elaborate how "the taxpayers took it on the chin".  And you consider the auto industry a dead dinosaur?

I await patiently.  Gov Romney.

Dear citizen,

I am not referring to all car makers , I am referring to GM and GM alone.

Alfred Sloan has turned over in his grave many times.

Message 69 of 106
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:
And I know that all those who had law suits due to injuries from defect automobile parts and families whose loved ones died because of those defects are not praising Obama - because all those law suits were thrown out when the gov't stepped in.

I have a 33 yr old son who needs a total knee and has ruptured discs in his back due to one of those accidents. Being this occurred before the bail out - all suits were thrown out of court. He can't even get SSI approved but I'm paying for schooling, housing and feeding illegals.

I can see why Trump is so popular,despite the fact he cant tell the difference between Hamas and Hazbellah!

May be it is a blessing in disguise,if we dont know, then we dont have to send troops and money !

Message 70 of 106
latest reply

It's not the economy. It's eBay driving select traffic to and from your store. They've been doing it all year to all 3 of my accounts, so that I get all my sales grouped up for a week and then a week of nothing. This pattern has been going on for a year now.

I'm always finding sellers that are doing great and I look at their competitors and usually their doing horrible for no good reason. Until someone can come up with a valid reason why any 2 sellers that mirror each other and are doing everything the same, have two completely, 180 degree experiences selling on eBay. My money is on eBay manipulating both accounts.

Message 71 of 106
latest reply

@tippyalways wrote:

I go online to a site called LENSERX and send them my prescription and my eye frame ,I need bifocal and it cost me $137 .

They are based in NY, they do a good job and I have been a satisifed customer for the last 5 years.

If you want it cheap and dont care about what is the latest frame, there are places which serve Medicaid customers, you can get prescription eyeglasses cheap but they wont be designer frames.

If you know what kind of frame you are looking for ,search on Ebay,once I found a second pair of Sophia Loren brand new frame for a few dollars,exactly like my first pair, I keep it as a back up.

If you want to live dangerously, there are sites which send your work to Pakistan ,no fancy prescription ,just plain glasses and frame .very cheap. 

Wow!  I will look them up!!!  I don't need the frames, - just want glass put in the ones I have!

thanks for the timp!

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 72 of 106
latest reply

@tippyalways wrote:

K, just bookmarked their page.  Will check it out tomorrow.

Like someone else said, we are just about 150.00 above qualifying for any help for anything from Gov.    I guess that 150.00 is supposed to be magical and can  cover everything.

Message 73 of 106
latest reply

@tippyalways wrote:

LENSERX.COM

I paid $137.99 for a pair of sunglasses,my frame ,my prescription-progressive bifocal,anti scratch,polycarbonate HD sun lens.

This is with a 10% discount 

Message 74 of 106
latest reply

@tippyalways wrote:

@tippyalways wrote:

LENSERX.COM

I paid $137.99 for a pair of sunglasses,my frame ,my prescription-progressive bifocal,anti scratch,polycarbonate HD sun lens.

This is with a 10% discount 

You rock!  Gonna go for this one!  Thanks so much!

Message 75 of 106
latest reply