cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help.

Hi, 

can someone please help me with this.  

I sold a radar detector to someone on 11\11. It was delivered to him on 11/18.  On 12/18 the buyer made a request for a return saying the radar detector would not update.  eBay didn’t ask me for any info and granted the return.  The buyer then waited to the last day to ship the item.    When I received the item it was missing parts that were sold with the item.  It reported this to eBay and they said they don’t get involved in returns and issued a full refund. 

I can’t see how eBay would allow this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I would really like to speak with someone but they say they closed the phone lines. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Please help.

@hano19 wrote:

I can’t see how eBay would allow this.  

eBay offers a no questions asked Money Back Guarantee to buyers. 

That money must either come from eBay's pockets, or from the seller's pockets. 

Now can you see? 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

The only sellers who have the protection to reduce the amount of a refund (if the returned item is different/de-valued than the item shipped) are those who offer Free Returns or Top Rated Sellers who offer 30-Day Returns. I don't see TRS and I see 'No Returns' on your listings... so unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. Also unfortunate is that you probably also suffered a Metrics ding when eBay got involved.

Moving forward, you might 1) revisit your Returns policy and 2) always flip those toggles before eBay does. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

@hano19 

>can someone please help me with this

There is no help. eBay doesn't care. The dishonest buyer got the parts he wanted. You are lucky he sent back the radar detector. Have you checked it to see if it still works? A lot of sellers posting on these boards loose both the money, the return shipping and the item because it's OK with eBay for buyers to steal from sellers.

Looks like the buyer left you a neg to boot.  Nice guy. One of the buyers eBay wants to keep coming back.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Yea, unfortunately.  All I can hope is the buyer eventually sells something so I can return the favor. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

@hano19 wrote:

Yea, unfortunately.  All I can hope is the buyer eventually sells something so I can return the favor. 

Wow, I was on your side until you wrote this. Such a shame that you want to go this route. Two wrongs don't make a right....

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

@hano19 wrote:

He's not going to sell anything. Buyers who have private feedback don't have any items up for sale.

C.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Tell this issue back to eBay. Why not take action on such matters? The loss is yours.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

First, block and then report the buyer to eBay. Then complete an IC3 report at the Internet Crime Complaint Center and file a mail fraud report with the USPS and local police dept. if possible. After doing this appeal to eBay entering links to the reports you have filed, you may get your money back from eBay. The buyer has "private" feedback, which usually isn't a good sign either, good luck.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Dont do that brother ya there are so many scammers but if all try to do such things you will get suspended as you have already have some suspicious activity (don't because of your fault). Try to do your best as i can tell you is block those members and feel the lost .its all you can do 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Hi, two points: 1) was the radar detector tested  prior to listing? And 2) things can happen in transit to an item even when packaged well. Shipping can jostle inner workings. So it is possible your buyer had a legit complaint, perhaps at first. The missing items is very troubling and I wonder if he did it in retaliation, or in utter carelessness, or that he intended all along to defraud you. But what the buyer did is not in my focus here.

I see you have been successfully selling on eBay since '99, at sometimes infrequent intervals over the years, at least on this ID. So the way this was handled by eBay should not have come as a surprise. It is in our best interests to know what is expected of sellers by eBay, and to keep up with Money Back Guarantee cases when buyer issues arise. Doing these two things helps mitigate one's risk in online selling. My concern is that when you failed to render the refund and eBay did it in your stead, your account received a damaging defect, your Final Value fees will not be credited, and your standing on eBay is threatened.  

Even tho you have a No Return policy on this item, eBay policy trumps yours. I am assuming you didn't refund because of the missing items. But at the first stage of the Money Back Guarantee, the refund is almost an automatic slam dunk for the buyer, regardless of his veracity or the validity of his claim. What you can do now is attempt to have the ruling overturned by eBay through an appeal, which is not decided by some pre-programmed bot. At this stage a person reviews the claim and this is where you make your stand. Below is the link to how to get the appeal done. If you follow the steps carefully, you may have a shot at getting your money back. 

Also included below is a link to the MBG policy. Every seller needs to know this backwards and forwards. We have all agreed to these terms the second we list our first item for sale. It is imperative for sellers to know as much as the scammers know so that we can protect our interests. So good luck to you, take some time to prepare your appeal. I hope you are able to get your money back.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item....

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

EBAY won't help you...they believe BUYER is always right.   Doesn't matter if you have proof otherwise.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Thanks I’ll give that a shot

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Thank you 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Please help.

Didn’t say it was right but hows the saying to “good for the goose....

Message 15 of 23
latest reply