cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Don’t Know What to Do

I have a buyer who bought an expensive item, over 1k and left positive feedback and even sent a message with a picture of the item being received. Then a week goes by and they open an item not received case I promptly show tracking info with signature confirmation. They then close that dispute and open a new refund request for INAD defective. How do I proceed ? I spoke with a rep who said it’s clear that the buyer is having remorse of the purchase and to wait til the 3 days and call back. 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Im sorry, but if the buyer has opened a case for snad, provide a return shipping label, and refund after return.Do not ask Ebay to step in, they see that as a nonresponsive seller and will refund him and you wont get your item back. Then they will give you a major defect to boot. You most likely have been scammed, and wont get your original item back.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Have you reached out to the buyer to see what their issue is? You may find they might be trying to get a partial refund. I'd be very worried that the are going to scam you and send something else back , not the original item but a defective one they had already. Unfortunately this is common and is a reason I won't ever list stuff valued at hundreds of dollars. The sad news is if you get scammed you may lose the money, the shipping and the item. Buyer just needs to escalate INAD to ebay and it will get refunded before you receive anything back. Strongly suggest you try and work out what the problem is with the buyer considering they were happy when they received it.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@durnsw01 wrote:

They then close that dispute and open a new refund request for INAD defective.

If you want something back before refunding, accept the return and provide return shipping.

If you don't, Ebay could refund the buyer from your account and let them keep the item.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

This is for the Playstation? First he tries to do an inr..now says snad..hes a scammer, no question.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Yes for the PS. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I have reached out the buyer they are demanding a full refund. They are trying to say they believe the item was stolen.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Im truly sorry for you..these scammers look for what they think are inexperienced sellers with pricey items..since you havent sold anything in quite a while.Ebay wont even consider his positive feedback since hes now filed a snad.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

He even sent a picture of the item opened in a message when he sent the feedback, the rep I spoke with said this is clearly buyers remorse and to contact back this week, so should I not do that ? 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

How did she see it as remorse? When first, he tries to claim inr, then snad? I dont trust what csr's say..I dont think any experienced seller on Ebay does. Dont ignore the case, or Ebay will refund him and you wont get the Playstation back.Please wait for other opinions here..but do not ignore the case, and depend on a csr to change the outcome.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Yes the CS said with the INR case then I give proof and he closes it then changes to INAD and the whole time is sending messages saying he’s going to file a police report if I don’t refund immediately and he’s gonna file with PP next. I’m just super worried all the way around as I could end up with nothing both ways if they send back nothing and I freely give the refund or if I escalated and they rule in their favor. It just has me panicked......

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Do not escalate the case..you will lose immediately..they will refund him and not require him to return the item..as I said..Ebay considers that as a nonresponsive seller.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

This is a scammer your dealing with I am now 100% sure. He is trying anything to get the refund. I would accept the return as he then has to send something back. Don't list such valuable items on ebay unless your experienced seller you'll be targeted by these bad scammers. List cheaper stuff first and build your feedback. Worst case you lose the item and money if that happens then file a case with the police reporting the buyer stole your item on line. Take him to court with all the paper work. Sadly I think this won't end well these scammers continue to get away with this online theft. I don't know how some of these people can sleep at night.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@durnsw01 wrote:

I have a buyer who bought an expensive item, over 1k and left positive feedback and even sent a message with a picture of the item being received. Then a week goes by and they open an item not received case I promptly show tracking info with signature confirmation. They then close that dispute and open a new refund request for INAD defective. How do I proceed ? I spoke with a rep who said it’s clear that the buyer is having remorse of the purchase and to wait til the 3 days and call back. 

Fortunately, eBay does not prevent and honest buyer from changing an INR case to an INAD case. 

Unfortunately, eBay does not prevent a dishonest buyer from changing an INR case to an INAD case. 

IMHO the rep you spoke ith gave you bad advice. If it was "clear" that this was remorse, then CS would have closed the case in your favor on the spot.

Waiting 3 days does not accomplish anything except to provide a window for the buyer to get a refund AND keep the item. 

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

People have already provided you with the correct path forward with regards to the SNAD resolution and that is to accept the return, pay for the return shipping label, wait for the item to be returned and then issue a full refund regardless of what you get back. If you get back what you sent in the condition you sent then you are basically out the cost of the postage going and coming. If you get back junk you can file an internet crime complaint with the FBI and a police report with their local police department. This may or may not produce any results given how often it happens. 

I have had this happen a couple of times and retain the name and address, provided it was shipped to one and not just a PO box. I travel quite a bit and if I am ever in the individuals area have no issue  with providing retribution.  

Message 15 of 31
latest reply