cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage stamps

I have a simple question. I have a large amount of postage stamps, American and foreign from the 1930s-60s or so. I just want to know the best way to sell them as a lot. I realize that stamps aren’t worth crap, but with the large amount of them, maybe somebody can resell them in pieces. Not something that I have the patience or the time to do. Thank you for any advice in advance .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postage stamps

As you said,  stamps aren’t worth crap anymore.  Most US stamps after 1945 are worth 50-60% of face value to be used as postage.  I'm sitting here right now waiting for my $500 face value to use on my eBay shipments.  I paid $300.

To get best return, sort the US  and foreign into two piles.  Just put them on eBay as lots...  "500 Mint US Stamp Grab Bag! "  with a start bid you can live with.  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Postage stamps

You can resell them by a country.

Actually, stamps from People's Republic of China from the 60's are worth more than another other country unused or used....the Red Revolution Period...didn't last a long time though.

Germany....last two stamps issued and canceled on last day of German War are worth a lot.

Your Japanese lot up for auction. That one stamp with "inscription on the each sheet of course is the most valuable stamp of each sheet.

Condition is the most important feature of selling any stamps.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Postage stamps

I use mine to put on bills. I haven't had to buy stamps for ages.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply