cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos feature coming soon for feedback??? Why? Horrible Idea!

So I just went to leave feedback for something I purchased and noticed the "coming soon" feature of posting photos to feedback.  As if the long feedback option wasn't bad enough... lets make things even worse and allow angry buyers to post photos pointing out everything that is wrong.

Honestly, this couldn't be a worse idea.  It will be totally unhelpful.  So when someone leaves a negative feedback and says "hat doesn't fit" and a photo of their big head with the hat not fitting will really stick it to me!  Wow!  Guess I am late on all of this as I know other posts have been made.

Can eBay stop having aspirations to be a social media site?  Crazy.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@natoman777   Adding pics to FB really makes no sense and is a waste of precious computer storage space ... it is not necessary to make Feedback like a Social Media platform.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

that's ebay, bunch of horrible ideas

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

@natoman777   or photos of "something" else.

this is not a well thought out idea...

What worse the Neg. FB ???  Hmmm photos from buyers who are not happy.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

This one doesn't bother me.  All the other sites already do it.  Not a biggie for me at all. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

This one doesn't bother me.  All the other sites already do it.  Not a biggie for me at all. 

I was going to say. The one single INAD return I have ever gotten was for an item that WAS in fact defective, and the buyer sent me a photo showing that it was in fact defective before he sent it back. I appreciated that he actually took the time to show me proof of what he was claiming!

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Doesn't bother or worry me either, how many buyers do you think are going to use it?

I checked the OP's feedback for the past year, most would fit in the old standard length,  some are a few words longer than the old standard, a couple are more than a few words but none of them have used anywhere near the current maximum length.

I can see some sellers using it for advertising space.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

As @simply-the-best-for-you  says, other sites do this already and the number of people who go to all the trouble of taking a photo and posting it with feedback (which perhaps only 30% leave at all) is pretty low. In 800-900 sales on Etsy and I had maybe six FB with photos.  I wouldn't even think twice about it.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

What's REALLY irresponsible is that they allow buyers to upload photos now..but don't show them......  Had a buyer chew me out when I asked for photos about a comment he made in feedback, saying he'd already uploaded them.......  No way I could see them........

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

you might pass that on to which ever team it is..........  happened on item  124604991203, and the correspondence is my Ebay messages..........

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

What's REALLY irresponsible is that they allow buyers to upload photos now..but don't show them......  Had a buyer chew me out when I asked for photos about a comment he made in feedback, saying he'd already uploaded them.......  No way I could see them........

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

you might pass that on to which ever team it is..........  happened on item  124604991203, and the correspondence is my Ebay messages..........

@dhbookds  Was it a return?  They are asking for them for returns or cases, I don't recall which & then seemingly not doing a thing with them. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Seems that this (coming soon) was posted in at least one thread several months ago. I have not read any threads about it happening yet.

Wonder when the "soon" is?

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

As @simply-the-best-for-you  says, other sites do this already and the number of people who go to all the trouble of taking a photo and posting it with feedback (which perhaps only 30% leave at all) is pretty low. In 800-900 sales on Etsy and I had maybe six FB with photos.  I wouldn't even think twice about it.

And I bet they were all positive, right?  I see it a lot on Etsy & yet I've never seen it for a negative.  I only see it when people want to show off what they bought. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Was it a return? They are asking for them for returns or cases, I don't recall which & then seemingly not doing a thing with them.

No............was a positive.....

I like the plates, but your eBay ad didn't really show or mention that one of the four plates was different from the others. Other than that disappointment, the plates were packed well and in good condition. It's just not a matching set as was implied by your ad. See pictures below.

Frankly, I still don't know what he's talking about as from the pics he sent I couldn't tell anything.  Pattern was old ( Salem Autumn leaves) and made over time...he said the "backs" were different...fronts matched (?).    Didn't want a return, wife was very pleased....blah, blah.  I let him talk himself into a possible manufacturing change.  Better Half bet he was an engineer.........lol. 

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@natoman777   Adding pics to FB really makes no sense and is a waste of precious computer storage space ... it is not necessary to make Feedback like a Social Media platform.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Was it a return? They are asking for them for returns or cases, I don't recall which & then seemingly not doing a thing with them.

No............was a positive.....

I like the plates, but your eBay ad didn't really show or mention that one of the four plates was different from the others. Other than that disappointment, the plates were packed well and in good condition. It's just not a matching set as was implied by your ad. See pictures below.

Frankly, I still don't know what he's talking about as from the pics he sent I couldn't tell anything.  Pattern was old ( Salem Autumn leaves) and made over time...he said the "backs" were different...fronts matched (?).    Didn't want a return, wife was very pleased....blah, blah.  I let him talk himself into a possible manufacturing change.  Better Half bet he was an engineer.........lol. 

@dhbookds  Hmmm, I've been leaving FB all day & there is NO option to put in a photo yet.  It could be a test, but what I think is more likely is that he put in a photo in his MESSAGE to you, which we've been able to do for a long time & either you missed it or more likely, he thought he'd put it in but forgot or the upload didn't work or something like that.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

It's ebay "soon" which means anytime between now and never.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 39
latest reply