cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Zoom Not Working For Newly Listed Items.

I post hundreds of listing every week and have never had this problem. All of my listing from two days ago and prior, work fine, but all of them from today have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? If not, suggestions. I have not changed anything about my listing procedure. All photos are at least 1800px on the short side.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Zoom not working for newly listed items.

I just killed my listings. I'll wait until it's fixed and re-submit.

As per a previous observation, if you copy the photo link and change the address to 1600 instead of 500 or 1500 (or whatever) you see that eBay has the big images. The auctions are just not displaying them. So eBay should be able to fix things without any more work from sellers.

Mike (not the eBay coder Mike)

Message 16 of 110
latest reply

Thanks Travis. I see the big images as you suggested. Let's hope the eBay folks are as observant as the eBay sellers. Mike
Message 17 of 110
latest reply

I'm leaving up one listing that has one photo that zooms, and one photo that doesn't zoom.  I'll keep checking it periodically to see if it fixes itself.

Message 18 of 110
latest reply

Great idea. Let us know!
Message 19 of 110
latest reply

Come on eBay. Tell us something. We're all losing money.
Message 20 of 110
latest reply

ok thank you for that information-I'm very happy to hear that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Message 21 of 110
latest reply

Whatever the fix is just caused the have-to-upload-twice glitch to reoccur as I was doing listings in the last hour or so.   A while back, weeks?, I thought hallelujah, someone finally fixed that.  

It's frustrating to select and start to upload 12 photos, look away to do something else, then look back and realize nary a one of them uploaded.  Start all over...

Did anyone hook this Mike guy up to a fib detector ?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 22 of 110
latest reply

actually someone here mentioned that the problem is now in fact worst-which is correct as we just tried a few and none of the pictures are able to be magnified. The past few days, some were and some were not-so by trial and error and time, it can be solved. Now none are able to be magnified.

Message 23 of 110
latest reply

And, as usual, no response or information from eBay of any kind. It would be very simple for eBay to send sellers a message telling us what is happening.

I lost out on listing at least 75 items today because of this. 

Message 24 of 110
latest reply

@kustomz  I just noticed the same problem on a listing but it was every other pic would not allow the zoom feature ... all pics the same size.  I suspect with all the folks getting pushed to the Seller Hub the system is bogged down ... Thursdays are supposedly their system update day so that could also be affecting the site ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 25 of 110
latest reply

Not having the zoom feature isn't stopping me from listing.  I'd rather have a non-moving photo than none at all, meaning I'm going to keep trying to sell things.

One item I listed last night sold almost immediately.  There was no zoom on those photos.

If/when ebay fixes this (and I don't believe it's a glitch they're frantically working on - I think it's some new photo thing coming down the pike) and there are listings that do not have zoom now and don't regain it, I'll just deal with those then.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 26 of 110
latest reply

I can't do that. Selling vintage eyewear, people need to see the condition details. Especially with the fact that eBay shows no support for buyers in a dispute. After 20 years of selling I have been forced into a position to protect myself in every way possible. Still, even in the face of clear proof, eBay still sides with false claims from buyers 99.9% of the time.

Message 27 of 110
latest reply

this is exactly correct. It is very important that this gets fixed and if not, it is going to greatly penalize eBay because people will not buy items without being able to zoom in on them-the zoom is a fantastic feature eBay has done, and now it is not working. From the threads I only see one person who has actualy called them. We have been unable to do so today and we are in another country as well-as this issue effects so many of us-why are we only hearing that one person has picked up a phone to let them know about the problem?
Message 28 of 110
latest reply

this is exactly correct. It is very important that this gets fixed and if not, it is going to greatly penalize eBay because people will not buy items without being able to zoom in on them-the zoom is a fantastic feature eBay has done, and now it is not working. From the threads I only see one person who has actualy called them. We have been unable to do so today and we are in another country as well-as this issue effects so many of us-why are we only hearing that one person has picked up a phone to let them know about the problem?

Message 29 of 110
latest reply

Well, that person also said the eBay knew of the problem and was working on it. How are more people calling going to help?

Message 30 of 110
latest reply