cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom "Payment Dispute". Buyer never placed the dispute.

eBay informed me that Sold, Shipped and Delivered item was being disputed. Reason the buyer said they "never authorized the transaction." 

I contacted the buyer and they said they did no such thing and was enjoying the item. That buyer called Customer Service themselves and they said it was a "glitch". (the item sold was a handmade collectors item and the community is very well respected ) 

Today eBay informed me that the Payment Dispute was decided on the Buyer and they received a refund.  However I had "seller protection". 

This is highly unusual and my confidence in eBay is at an all time LOW. 

This was drama that was manufactured! 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Phantom "Payment Dispute". Buyer never placed the dispute.

@facesbyfia wrote:

eBay informed me that Sold, Shipped and Delivered item was being disputed. Reason the buyer said they "never authorized the transaction." 

I contacted the buyer and they said they did no such thing and was enjoying the item. That buyer called Customer Service themselves and they said it was a "glitch". (the item sold was a handmade collectors item and the community is very well respected ) 

Today eBay informed me that the Payment Dispute was decided on the Buyer and they received a refund.  However I had "seller protection". 

This is highly unusual and my confidence in eBay is at an all time LOW. 

This was drama that was manufactured! 

Are you sure your buyer is not simply lying to you?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I must agree with the previous poster . It  sounds as though  your buyer did a chargeback   and now  simply  isn't being honest . I've never  heard of a ''glitch''  that would cause  an error   with so many factors at  play  like that .  Perhaps someone else has  ? but to me it sounds bogus .  Tulips 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just one question . Since the buyer claims no involvement with this ''glitch''   and says they're  enjoying their purchase . Did they offer to give back   the refund  they received  ?  Tulips

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Keep in mind: "buyer" and "cardholder" cannot be known to be the same human being.

Chargebacks are initiated by, and paid to, cardholder.

Buyer may not know of such an event.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I did have this same thing happen to me already with managed payments. The buyer had no idea their was a chargeback and did not want to do that. So as someone said here there may be a glitch with managed payments that is flagging it in some accounts as fraud possibly, or also possible the person used someone elses card like a parent to buy something on ebay.  Not sure which just wanted to chime in and say this same situation happened to me. I believe if you contact ebay it worked out for me. Just be courteous on the phone and explain the situation and show them message proof if you have it and politely ask for a credit of the amount of the sale. Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply