cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person Bidding with No Sales, No Purchases Bidding on my item.

I've run across this several times with people with (0) next to their name, running up bids and then refusing to pay. It always scares me when I see a high bidder with (0) next to his name. Is there a place to report these people when it happens? I am currently watching a listing I have out with this scenerio stacking up... Do we have any recourse when this happens? Can the person not  be allowed to do this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Person Bidding with No Sales, No Purchases Bidding on my item.

My experience is different.  You come across 0 feedback bidders who dont pay while I have had many new folks sign up for Ebay SPECIFICALLY to buy what I was selling and they went on to become longtime repeat customers.  We all started with zero once upon a time.  You might contact them and offer to walk them through the payment process or ask them if they have signed up for Paypal.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I had three no payers in a row! So I quit bidding option for a while and only offered Buy It Now..... I was tired of them running the price up!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can't really prevent a person with no feedback from bidding -- how are they supposed to get feedback if they can't buy?  You can protect yourself and other buyers from these folks though.

If the bidder doesn't pay within 48 hours, I open an Unpaid Item case.  About half the time, the person then pays.  If they don't pay in the next four days, I mark it as not resolved, and ebay gives me my fees back and gives the bidder a strike.  I then add the bidder to my blocked buyers list.

I also have my settings set to not allow anyone with more than one strike to bid or buy from me -- that way I rely on previous sellers to help me steer clear of troublemakers.

Susan

Message 4 of 4
latest reply