cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently restricted from selling on eBay for no reason after 22 years as a "Top Rated" seller.

We are a US Manufacturer of marine accessories as well as other products.  We sold thousands of our products on eBay over the past 22 years with not a single negative feedback and a continuous 100% positive feedback rating with seller level "Top Rated" and excellent metrics.  Unfortunately, we are now permanently restricted from selling on eBay and told to find another platform.  We were told during our first dialog with eBay support that eBay had made a mistake and were not told why we were restricted.  After more than a week we asked why we were still being restricted and they stated that it was "because of all the open claims you failed to resolved" and when we asked which claims they responded with "You have 2 returns for this particular item XX".  Those returns were expeditiously resolved with no problems and our seller dashboard shows "Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%".  We would like to continue selling on eBay but they won't let us.  Below is the transcript of the last dialog with eBay:

09:04:14 UTC Ebay Rep
I've check your eBay account here and the reason why your account has been restricted because of all the open claims you failed to resolved.
09:04:36 UTC Ebay Rep
I know this isn’t the outcome you were hoping for, however, we need to ensure that eBay is kept a safe place for other buyers and sellers, after our review on your performance, we don’t feel that they promote a positive buying or selling environment.
09:04:47 UTC maximarine
Which ones?
09:06:09 UTC Ebay Rep
You have 2 returns for this particular item DJI Mavic 3 Air 2 2S DJI Mini 2 Signal Booster Antenna Range Yagi-Uda 5.8/2.4Ghz
09:07:06 UTC maximarine
Both returns were resolved with refunds?
09:08:06 UTC Ebay Rep
I totally understand however our account specialized already review your account and it seems that you cannot create a good buying experienced to your buyers.
09:08:14 UTC Ebay Rep
Due to this we have decided that eBay is not the selling platform for you, there is many other selling platforms out there for you to be successful on.
09:08:58 UTC maximarine
We don't understand?
09:09:33 UTC Ebay Rep
Please do understand that we may restrict an account if we have cause for concern. Though I acknowledge your eagerness to help resolve this, it's with much regret to inform you that the suspension placed in your account doesn't have an appeals process to help resolve this.
09:09:35 UTC maximarine
We have sold for 22 years on eBay!
09:09:43 UTC Ebay Rep
While we understand that you may not agree with our decision to restrict your account, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
09:09:56 UTC Ebay Rep
Since I've already provided all the information, I will now be disconnecting this chat.Thank you for contacting eBay, have a great day
09:09:58 UTC
Chat ended by Ebay Rep
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Permanently restricted from selling on eBay for no reason after 22 years as a "Top Rated&qu

It appears to me that you are trying to reason with a bot with AI. Looks like the AI picked your record up and the bot told you to take a hike. Like it or not this is what we are all going to deal with eventually. Good luck to you and us all.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Re: Permanently restricted from selling on eBay for no reason after 22 years as a "Top Rated&qu

I cannot believe people are suggesting ebay for business on facebook. It is the worst excuse for customer service.   

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Perhaps for you, but not for most other people.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Yu do understand that you are sending a PM to an actual eBay person that can help, not a call center. Whether you wait for a call back from the CS agent or ask via a PM on Facebook, you are trying to get help. One source is just better than the other. 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

You have the correct information.

ebay for business on facebook

Or

askebay on Twitter

Use one at a time and contact through direct messaging.

This is how you get in touch with ebay reps from the USA that are actual ebay employees. 

Posting ID
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@xboxbearer wrote:

Why can't I find ebay for business on Facebook? I see just eBay.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Thank you for the links.  Our service metrics numbers are:

Item not as described returns

See how you compare to your peers.

Toys & Hobbies
Rate: 1.03%
  • Total transactions: 97
  • Item not as described: 1
  • 1 / 97 = 1.03%

Item not received requests

Domestic

Rate: 0.00%
  • Total transactions: 95
  • Not received: 0
  • 0 / 95 = 0.00%
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Our service metrics numbers are:

Item not as described returns

Toys & Hobbies
Rate: 1.03%
  • Total transactions: 97
  • Item not as described: 1
  • 1 / 97 = 1.03%

Item not received requests

Domestic

Rate: 0.00%
  • Total transactions: 95
  • Not received: 0
  • 0 / 95 = 0.00%
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Dang.  I don't think any of us are going to be able to help you determine what happened.  Sadly you are going to have to depend on Ebay telling you.  Usually they email they send you gives you at least a hint.  What did your email say?

If you need to contact Ebay I would suggest going to Ebay for business on Twitter or Facebook.  That is were you will get access to the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

The first email only said that "your account has been permanently restricted from selling because of activity we believe was putting the eBay community at risk." with things we can no longer do and "If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help."  After contacting them they mentioned that it may be a mistake and may be fixed in 24 hrs, then 2 - 3 days, then never with the last chat shown above and that was it!

The only thing we can think of is that we have always required buyers to return the item for a refund and if the item is completely destroyed or outside the return period, we will still issue a full refund. We have seen instances where buyer try to obtain a free item which can be a good buying experience yet a problem for sellers and eBay in the long run.  I should mention that we are always helpful, timely and cordial with all our buyers.  We like what we provide after years of research and development with patents and feedback from all our customers.   

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

"The only thing we can think of is that we have always required buyers to return the item for a refund and if the item is completely destroyed or outside the return period, we will still issue a full refund."  That wouldn't be it.  Lots of sellers do that and there is no rule against it.  

This doesn't have to do with your customer service.  This likely had to do with something you were selling.

Do you drop ship?  If done per the rules, it is no problem, but if not, that can be a problem.

What kind of stuff were you selling and did you stock it and ship it yourselves?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

We are the US manufacturer of all our products and ship factory direct.  We use eBay shipping when selling on eBay, in this case an antenna booster for drones.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Dang it just gets more puzzling every time you give us a little more information.  Honestly you need to contact Ebay on Twitter or Facebook.  I gave you the links above.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply