cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal not being accepted for eBay Brand Supplies

so...... I used my promo coupon to purchase overpriced mailing bags with eBay branding.  The tax creates an amount over the coupon.  I wanted to pay that with Paypal, as usual, but received a message that the seller (eBay) does not accept Paypal yet.  I could use a credit/debit card or google pay.  Seriously?  I am so tired of this place.  As if the continually renewing GTC weren't enough.  Any thoughts?  I am changing my store subscription to Starter

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paypal not being accepted for eBay Brand Supplies

The eBay suppliers sellers is opted into the managed payments which does not have paypal available yet.  eBay has told us they plan to incorporate Paypal this summer and there is some indication that paypal is being added right now to eBay managed payments.

eBay managed payments cost less to use than paypal so the eBay suppliers sellers is saving fees by using this.  Hopefully when your next coupon comes out Paypal will be active at that time.

Good Luck Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@chatsnoire wrote: ...  received a message that the seller (eBay) does not accept Paypal yet. ,,,

The seller doesn't accept Paypal any more. They have switched over to eBay's new "Managed Payments" program.  Which will someday let buyers use PayPal.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay is slowly moving away from using paypal as its main payment processor. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The eBay suppliers sellers is opted into the managed payments which does not have paypal available yet.  eBay has told us they plan to incorporate Paypal this summer and there is some indication that paypal is being added right now to eBay managed payments.

eBay managed payments cost less to use than paypal so the eBay suppliers sellers is saving fees by using this.  Hopefully when your next coupon comes out Paypal will be active at that time.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is this a movement that will affect all sellers and if so will the savings you mentioned be passed on to other sellers (like me!)?  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The Shipping Supply Seller is in the ebay Managed Payments program, which originally did not include PayPal as a payment option. PayPal is now being rolled out to participants in the program, so I'm guessing the seller will have it fairly soon. In the meantime, as you note, you can pay with a credit card or, if you have it, GooglePay or Apple Pay. We paid with a credit card. Fast and easy.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@chatsnoire not sure what the seller fee will be for managed payments when it's rolled out to everyone.   Right now the want me to sign up and are offering 2.7%  vs PayPal 2.9%

For high volume sellers this will save them money.    I am waiting until PayPal is an option as some buyers prefer it. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@chatsnoire wrote:

Is this a movement that will affect all sellers and if so will the savings you mentioned be passed on to other sellers (like me!)?  

Yes.  Eventually over the next few years all sellers will be in the eBay managed payments.  Right now eBay is inviting and approving specific sellers who would benefit and also not be in conflict with things like paypal working capital or merchant processing accounts.

eBay has told us that they will open up the enrollment very soon for even more sellers in stages over the next few years.

Here is a link to learn more about eBay managed payments.  Try to review the FAQ areas.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply