cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for shipping labels

How can I set up that the money I spend for ebay labels come out of my bank rather than my ebay available funds. A customer rep said I can't set it up that way, I have to select that option each time I purchase a label. Thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paying for shipping labels

Create a Paypal account if you do not already have one.

Have Paypal set up to use your bank account as your default for payments.

When you create a shipping label in Ebay, choose Paypal.   That option should then stick.  

I have done this to use my CC via paypal.   It only works for USPS.     Wish it did for Fedex and UPS, too. 

Hope this helps.

Try using Pirate Ship to purchase you labels a CC works fine and you can do both USPS and UPS labels but they do not have FedEx at the moment. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When you create a shipping label in Ebay, choose Paypal.   That option should then stick.  

I have done this to use my CC via paypal.   It only works for USPS.     Wish it did for Fedex and UPS, too. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@jamesbondgoldfinger 

Go to your Payment Preferences (My eBay > Account > Payments) https://ppcapp.ebay.com/myppc/wallet/list

You can add a payment method for "selling costs" which includes labels.  You can add a MasterCard or Visa Debit card that is attached to your bank account. You cannot use a direct account debit.

You can then use the slider as "Preferred for selling costs"

Your labels should then default to that method.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can't set it up to take label payments from your bank account directly (no idea why ebay won't allow that) and the only time they ever take my payments for labels from my bank account is if I don't have any available or pending funds.

Other posters have given you ideas for workarounds though.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Go to your Payment Preferences (My eBay > Account > Payments) https://ppcapp.ebay.com/myppc/wallet/list

You can add a payment method for "selling costs" which includes labels.  You can add a MasterCard or Visa Debit card that is attached to your bank account. You cannot use a direct account debit.

You can then use the slider as "Preferred for selling costs"

Your labels should then default to that method.

I have always used the CC option to purchase my shipping labels but I also purchase my labels through Pirate Ship which has about the same reduced rates as eBay but offers several options that eBay does not such as Ground Advantage Cubic and Priority Mail Cubic. The best thing about using a CC is if you have a cash back card you get cash back from all those shipping label purchases. Of course you have to pay of the CC each month or the interest charges will eat the cash back up in a hurry. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hope this helps.

Try using Pirate Ship to purchase you labels a CC works fine and you can do both USPS and UPS labels but they do not have FedEx at the moment. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply