cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal, PayPal where art 'thou........

Please release my refunds so  I can get by.  I am used to having patience and sparing plenty of time but not now when sales are missing in action while some scamming buyers abound!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: PayPal, PayPal where art 'thou........

Admins barely visit the discussion boards and PayPal is not here at all, largely because they're no longer a part of eBay and the other being they actually have their own message boards and community.

This is the place you'll want to post PayPal related concerns and questions.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Did you upload tracking? Has the package been delivered? This is hardly a concern for a PayPal employee to be honest. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

they're no longer a part of eBay and the other being they actually have their own message boards and community.

Actually, the payment hold is a function of ebay sales.   PayPal does not do that with funds from other websites. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

That is false! PayPal will hold funds from sales on other sites. I have close to 1000 sales on eBay with 100% positive feedback. When I started selling somewhere else my payments were being held. They said because of different site and the amount of money was significantly higher, it sends a red flag and payments were held.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am probably going to look silly here, but why would Paypal be holding money until an item is delivered? Or is that only if you deal with larger amounts of money? I haven't had money held that I know of, so just wondering if this is something new. I've never been to the Paypal boards, but I suppose maybe I should check there just in case. Hard to keep up with all these things. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@gew6463 wrote:

I am probably going to look silly here, but why would Paypal be holding money until an item is delivered? Or is that only if you deal with larger amounts of money? I haven't had money held that I know of, so just wondering if this is something new. I've never been to the Paypal boards, but I suppose maybe I should check there just in case. Hard to keep up with all these things. 

PP has agreed with Ebay to support their rules in this matter.  PP always has.  If Ebay has a seller coded as money to be held because they are new, sanctioned or have returned to Ebay after an extended period away, PP will do it.  Dollar value does not determine this rule.  Ebay started this rule many years ago and actually it is a good one.  It prevents new sellers from coming here, selling a bunch of stuff, collecting the money for the sales, never ship a thing, pull all their money out of PP and then disappear.  It use to happen, but not it is far more difficult to behave this way due to this rule.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply