cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Forwarders U.S to China

We have a lot of interest from China buyers but unfortunately we have never had any success shipping there.  Buyers are reluctant to pay the $40+ with UPS and DHL.  Nearly all of our shipments are 9X6 bubble mailers 8 oz. or less.  Has anyone here used forwarders with any success?  Can you suggest a few?  It's frustrating to not be able to access this market.  We would be requiring these buyers to change the 'ship to' address on the orders to that of the forwarder.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Use EIS and you won't have to be concerned with it.  You ship to an Ebay processing center and then Ebay takes it from there to include any risk.

EIS is a great program. I encourage you to read about it and decide for yourself if it will work for you. It takes almost all the risk for international shipping off the sellers.

At this time, the only thing that I'm aware of that Ebay is working on fixing is that it does not allow for Combined shipping on multiple purchases. So if you get a customer with multiple purchases, you will need to get a bit creative.

Feel free to come back and ask for advice on what to do.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

https://pages.ebay.com/internationalshippingprogram/seller/terms/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@dpc719   Me? i think there would be too many hoops to go thru for the freight forwarder situation unless your buyer went ahead on their own and did it. the seller should not be involved with that as it could backlash on them. believe me, int'l buyers 'know' about FF and know how to go about it.

as for int'l shipping, why not use eBay's int'l shipping method? won't cost what u said about UPS and DHL for the size and weight of pkgs u describe and eBay takes the responsibilities of delivery, etc off of the seller.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the quick responses!  We have used EIS since it's inception and love it.  However, we get 2-3 messages daily from China buyers saying that they are not able to purchase.  Has EIS blocked China or might I have an old blocked setting that rolled into EIS when we were enrolled?  It baffles me because I have shipped with EIS to places far more sketchy than China.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can see what countries are blocked on each of your listings.  I don't see it.

Maybe they are just sending the emails to ask.  Maybe you need to refer them to contact Ebay or something as you wouldn't know the rate Ebay would charge them.  We only see the US shipping charge to the Ebay processing address.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply