cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP SNAD case from Item Not Received Case

A buyer bought an item and 3 days later opened a case on Paypal stating the item hadn't been received. Mind you I ship within 2 business days, and the item had been shipped with tracking information uploaded when the PP case was opened. The item arrived on 2/7 to an address in Miami FL..the address is an EAS address so it wasn't the final destination for the item. On 2/11 I contacted PP and had the case closed in my favor. Today 14 days after the item was delivered to the shipping address the buyer contacted PP appealled the decision and now it has been changed to a SNAD case...he is claiming that the screen is broken on the iPhone. I contacted PP immediately and they copied my pictures from eBay, and entered my statement. I am mad about this. What are the chances that I am going to get my money and win this case?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: PP SNAD case from Item Not Received Case

This must be a horrible situation it is so sad to hear this. It is terrible that people have found yet another way to wrongfully hurt sellers.

Worst case senario if you are forced to accept a return on this item and it is returned to you damaged you may be able to contact USPS or the Freight Forwarding company and file that it was damaged in transit especially if you can prove that it was packaged securely.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Wow this one is just crazy.   Truly sorry to hear this story.  Yes just another way to beat the sellers out of product and money.   Its a shame there is nothing that can really be done.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Have you CALLED paypal and told them that the buyer used a reshipper?

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Of course I have. 3 times. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

UPDATE: After calling PP 3 times the first day the appeal was opened, I have let things be and allow it to be worked on by PP. This evening I received an email that the case has been decided in my favor because I provided tracking information and the item was delivered....remember he originally opened the case as an Item Not Received case and tried to change it to a SNAD on appeal. I am not sure if this is the end of the appeal, or if I should continue to hold my breath thinking he might be able to call and change the decision. 

I have blocked this guy and circulated his name with my eBay seller friends. Next time I will follow my gut and back out of the sale. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Why "of course"? I see nowhere that you said you CALLED paypal before my post. 

@littlegirlsquirrelwrote:

Of course I have. 3 times. 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Because in the original post by me, I stated that I had called PP after finding out the buyer was appealing the original decision and now claiming that the phone was SNAD.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

No, you said you contacted them, which you can do by email. I was asking if you had called them. Your "of course" made is sound like you had made that plain, and you hadn't. I was just asking for clarification because you can get more done with a phone call than an email.

@littlegirlsquirrelwrote:

Because in the original post by me, I stated that I had called PP after finding out the buyer was appealing the original decision and now claiming that the phone was SNAD.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply